The following companies also match your search keywords:
Your search returned 28 results. You are on page 1 of 3.
China continues to expand portfolio of green finance and clean energy projects in MENA, according to research
Author: Ossman Elnaggar, The Diplomat
“China’s Growing “Green” Engagement in MENA”, 19 Sep 2019...
- Related stories: China continues to expand portfolio of green finance and clean energy projects in MENA, according to research
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: ACWA Power Agricultural Bank of China Bank of China China Construction Bank Dongfang Electric General Electric Harbin Electric (formerly Harbin Power Equipment) Shanghai Electric
In June 2019, P&O Ferries was accused of labour abuses and wages so low it amounted to "slave labour". UK Member of Parliament Karl Turner claimed in the House of Commons that some foreign staff on board P&O vessels received a wage of as littl...
Author: Alex Grove, Hull Daily
"P&O Ferries blasted by Pride of Hull staff in open letter over 'poor working conditions and pay", 9 July 2019 ...
- Related stories: UK: P&O Ferries staff allege low wages & poor working conditions; Incl. co comments
- Related companies: P&O (part of Dubai World)
We need a global standard on corporate abuse in supply chains - this week's OECD forum in Paris could be the start
Author: 23/4/19 - Sophia Pickles, Campaign Leader and supply chain investigator at Global Witness
It’s high time companies took responsibility for their human rights and environmental impacts, writes Sophie Pickles.
Author: Samentha Goethals, Senior Researcher on Labour Rights & Mariam Bhacker, Project Manager, Migrant workers in the Gulf construction industry, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Putting migrant worker protections on the Gulf hospitality management and investment agenda
Author: The Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime
...[Two] trends intersected: soaring gold prices greatly increased the profitability of gold mining, whilst the US led “War on Drugs”, notably in Colombia and Mexico...sharply reduced the profitability of drug trafficking from Latin America to the USA....
Author: Arabian Business
UAE-based RAK Ceramics, the world’s largest ceramics manufacturer, the Lebanese cement manufacturer Holcim Liban and the UAE’s National Bank of Abu Dhabi were ranked the best companies in the Middle East and Africa when it comes to advancing the cause...
- Related stories: Global Child Forum on the Middle East and North Africa (Dubai, 13 Nov)
- Related companies: GlaxoSmithKline Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Suez
Author: Khadija Sharife & John Grobler, World Policy Journal
Omega’s illegal diamond trade linked countries in central Africa to Omega subsidiaries in Dubai and...Antwerp...Omega would purchase diamonds of questionable origin for little to no money in Angola, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Zimbabwe. They...
- Related in-depth areas: Extractive industry Kimberley Process Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: ASCORP (Angola Selling Corporation) (joint venture Endiama, Lev Leviev Group, Omega Diamonds) De Beers (part of Anglo American) Endiama (Empresa Nacional de Diamantes de Angola) Intuit Lev Leviev Group
Author: Simon Bowers, Guardian (UK)
A complex and aggressive attempt to avoid UK tax on an international ports business controlled by the billionaire ruler of Dubai has been thrown out by a tax tribunal, which branded the scheme "an elaborate trick". The scheme would have secured £14m in...
- Related stories: UK court exposes attempt to avoid tax on intl. ports business by Dubai-owned DP World
- Related companies: Carnival DP World Dubai World P&O (part of Dubai World)
Author: Kevin J. O'Brien, New York Times
The effort in Europe to adopt the world’s strongest data protection law has drawn the attention of dozens of lobbyists from U.S. technology and advertising companies...Facebook, Apple, Google, Amazon and I.B.M., individually and through industry groups...