The following companies also match your search keywords:
1 contracts match your search keywordsshow
Your search returned 43 results. You are on page 1 of 5.
Mongolia: Herders successfully reach tripartite settlement to remain on heritage land following lawsuit over impact of Oyu Tolgoi mine
Author: Rod Austin, Guardian (UK)
"An example to all': the Mongolian herders who took on a corporate behemoth – and won", 8 Apr 2019...
Mongolia: Herders win landmark agreement concerning mine that threatened their livelihood, health, & culture
Author: Sophie Edwards, Devex
"How a group of Mongolian herders took on a mining giant — and won", 9 August 2017...
Myanmar: Amnesty International asks UK govt. to investigate Rio Tinto over breach of economic sanctions
"UK: Investigate Rio Tinto's role in potential Burma sanctions busting", 16 Apr 2015...
Author: Bobbie Sta. Maria and Irene Pietropaoli, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Myanmar: “Denying evidence won’t make it go away,” says Amnesty Intl. after companies respond to its report on Letpadaung mine
Author: Meghna Abraham, Democratic Voice of Burma
“Latpadaung: Denying evidence won’t make it go away”, 16 February 2015...
Author: Anthony Deutsch and Terrence Edwards, Reuters
Turquoise Hill Netherlands is a little-known Amsterdam-based company with three employees, no office, and not even its own mailbox. To the government of Mongolia, though, the company represents billions in taxes that it will never see. Turquoise Hill...
[PDF] Comment of EarthRights International on the Paperwork Reduction Act Review for Proposed Reporting Requirements on Responsible Investment in Burma
Author: EarthRights International
This comment focuses on two of the central questions in the PRA review process: 1) the necessity of the proposed information collection for agency operations, and 2) ideas to improve the quality and clarity of the information collected. The disclosures...
- Related stories: Conflict Risk Network, US investors & asset managers support US reporting requirements on responsible investment in Burma
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace Myanmar
- Related companies: Turquoise Hill Resources
Author: Aung Hla Tun, Reuters
The Monywa copper mine in Myanmar...should symbolize all the opportunities of a resource-rich country emerging from nearly half a century of military misrule. Instead, as thousands of villagers protest against the mine in a rare standoff with...
- Related stories: Burma: Thousands of villagers protest against Monywa mine claiming unlawful seizure of land Monywa copper mine protests - Burma, Sept 2012
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: China North Industries (NORINCO) Rio Tinto Turquoise Hill Resources Union of Myanmar Economic Holdings (UMEHL) Wanbao Mining
Author: Intl. Council on Mining and Metals
This Guide represents a key milestone on a journey that began for ICMM in 2004, when we started working to support more constructive relationships between Indigenous Peoples and mining companies...based on respect, meaningful engagement and mutual...
- Related stories: Intl. Council on Mining and Metals releases "Good Practice Guide: Indigenous Peoples and Mining"
- Related in-depth areas: Business tools and guidance
- Related companies: Anglo American Barrick Gold BHP Billiton China Minmetals Compañia de Minas Buenaventura EnCana Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Newmont Goldcorp OceanaGold Oxiana Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Teck Resources Vale Xstrata (part of Glencore)