Your search returned 275 results. You are on page 2 of 28.
Sierra Leone: Villagers launch lawsuit against mining firm for destruction of land, loss of livelihoods and toxic mine waste
Author: Lisa Vives, Global Information Network, (USA)
‘Diamonds Leave Sierra Leone Villagers Poor and Sick’ 20 August 2019...
Author: Fredrick Obura, Standard Digital (Kenya)
"Tough time as Kenyan companies plan mass job cuts"...
- Related stories: Kenya: Rise in digital economy contributing to job losses especially in banking sector
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
Author: Sonia Hierzig, Senior Projects Manager, Climate Change, ShareAction
For other companies not inherently high-carbon, many of the solutions needed are still in the research and development process and far from being commercially viable.
Many segments of the business and human rights field have been co-opted & captured by corporate actors
Author: Benjamin Hoffman, Human Rights Clinic of Columbia Law School
Antonella Angelini speaks with Benjamin Hoffman, a lawyer specialising in international human rights law and corporate accountability. He was Amazon Staff Attorney with EarthRights International from 2011 to 2013. He is now the Acting Director of Columbia Law School’s Human Rights Clinic.
Civil society organisations urge Standard Bank & Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corp. to withdraw role in Uganda-Tanzania oil pipeline due to alleged human rights concerns
"International Call on Banks: Don’t finance the East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline"
- Related companies: Standard Bank
Author: Just Share (South Africa)
‘Why shareholders should vote FOR South Africa’s first shareholder resolution calling for climate risk disclosure’ 7 May 2019...
So. Africa: Major banks pulling out of funding coal-fired plants due to environmental & social concerns
Author: Amanda Watson, The Citizen (South Africa)
‘Standard Bank joins banks not financing ‘dirty’ coal-fired power plants’ ...
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Author: Greg Stohr, Bloomberg
The U.S. Supreme Court opened some American-based international organizations to lawsuits, ruling that a World Bank affiliate must defend against allegations it is responsible for environmental damage caused by a power plant in India…The decision could...
Kenya: Govt. investigations agency recommends prosecution of five banks for alleged complicity in loss of public funds
Author: Brian Ngugi, Business Daily (Kenya)
"DCI probe recommends charges on 5 top banks, officials over Sh8bn NYS fraud"...