Your search returned 66 results. You are on page 3 of 7.
Electric carmakers need to take more responsibility for mining of raw materials, says researcher at Amnesty Intl.
Author: Karl West, The Guardian
Britain last week joined France in pledging to ban sales of petrol and diesel cars by 2040... [T]he road to a promised land of zero-emission vehicles is littered with speed bumps... Battery makers are struggling to secure supplies of key ingredients...
Author: Defensoría del Pueblo del Perú
Se da cuenta de 179 conflictos sociales: 123 activos y 56 latentes…La mayor cantidad de conflictos sociales que se desarrollan en una sola región se ubican en los departamentos de Áncash (25 casos), Apurímac (20 casos), Cusco y Puno (15 casos cada una)...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Últimas noticias sobre defensoras/es Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Afrodita (part of Dorato Resources) Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Chalco (Aluminum Corporation of China) China International Trust and Investment (CITIC) Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Consorcio Minero Horizonte, CMH Doe Run (part of Renco) Dorato Resources Duke Energy Glencore Gold Fields Grupo México Hudbay Minerals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Maurel & Prom Minas Conga (joint venture Buenaventura & Newmont) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Mitsubishi Group Newmont Goldcorp Odebrecht PeruRail Pluspetrol Renco Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Teck Resources Transportadora de Gas del Perú (TGP) Volcán Compañía Minera
Author: Defensoría del Pueblo Perú
“Reporte de conflictos sociales No 157, marzo 2017”...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- Related companies: Afrodita (part of Dorato Resources) Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) Barrick Gold BHP Billiton China Minmetals Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Dorato Resources Glencore Gold Fields Grupo México Grupo OHL Hudbay Minerals Las Bambas (part of MMG) Maurel & Prom Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Mitsubishi Group Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Teck Resources
Teck Resources response & statement on repeal of transparency regulations under US Dodd-Frank Act section 1504
Author: Teck Resources
Teck is committed to conducting business in an open, honest and ethical manner. We support efforts to strengthen governance by improving transparency and accountability, including through our participation in the Extractive Industries Transparency...
- Related stories: Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 12 firms
- This is a response from the following companies: Teck Resources
Publish What You Pay urges oil, gas & mining firms to support US law on disclosure of payments to govts. - statements of support by 13 firms
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre has invited 30 companies to respond to an open letter by Publish What You Pay coalitions and several of their member NGOs. The letter urges the 30 companies to issue statements in support of disclosure by...
NGO coalition urges 30 oil, gas & mining firms to oppose repeal of US rule requiring extractive cos. to disclose payments to govts.
Author: Publish What You Pay Intl., 13 national PWYP coalitions, 8 PWYP member organizations
Help defend the Cardin-Lugar anti-corruption rule and the global extractive industry transparency standard...
Author: Justice and Corporate Accountability Project (JCAP)
This is the first report to profile specific forms of violence and criminalization associated with Canadian mining projects in Latin America over a fifteen year period…[W]e provide observations about the violent incidents studied…make observations...
- Related stories: Report documents violence associated with Canadian mining companies in Latin America; company comments included
- Related companies: Ascendant Holdings Aura Minerals B2Gold Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Blackfire Exploration Candente Copper Cornerstone Capital Resources Corriente Resources (joint venture Tongling Nonferrous Metals, China Railway Construction Corporation & CRCC-Tongguan Investment) Fortuna Silver Mines Glencore Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Gran Colombia Gold Greenstone Resources Hudbay Minerals IamGold MAG Silver Manhattan Minerals Minefinders Corporation Mitsubishi Group New Gold Pacific Rim Mining Petaquilla Gold Radius Gold Tahoe Resources (part of Pan American Silver) Teck Resources Torex Gold Resources Yamana Gold
Author: Diario Uno
“Trabajadores de Antamina denuncian haberse contaminado”...
Latin America: Several conflicts over mining projects result in deaths, injuries; recommendations for responsible mining
Author: The Economist
"From conflict to co-operation", 6 February 2016...
Author: Emily Greenspan, Michelle Katz, Julie Kim, Serena Lillywhite, Chris Madden, Oxfam
"Índice de consentimiento previo de comunidades. Posturas públicas de empresas de petróleo, gas y minería sobre el consentimiento libre, previo e informado” , 23 de Julio de 2015...
- Related stories: Oxfam "Community Consent Index" evaluates 38 extractive companies' positions on free, prior & informed consent
- Related companies: Anadarko (now part of Occidental Petroleum) Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barrick Gold BG Group (part of Shell) BHP Billiton BP Chevron China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) ConocoPhillips Eni Equinor (formerly Statoil) First Quantum Minerals Freeport-McMoRan Glencore Gold Fields Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) IamGold Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Newcrest Newmont Goldcorp Occidental Petroleum OceanaGold Orano (formerly Areva) Petrobras PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Pluspetrol Repsol Rio Tinto Teck Resources Total Tullow Oil Vale