Your search returned 153 results. You are on page 4 of 16.
Cuando los proyectos mineros son frenados por resistencias comunitarias, medidas de protección ambiental o de la salud, las empresas mineras transnacionales recurren a tribunales supranacionales de arbitraje, para entablar demandas multimillonarias en contra de los Estados de América Latina. MÉXICO NO ES LA EXCEPCIÓN
U.S. Department of Labor Secures $3.3 million judgment against Saipan casino developer for systemic wage violations by contractors
Author: U.S Department of Labour
The U.S. Department of Labor has secured a $3,360,000 consent judgment against the developer of the Imperial Pacific Resort Hotel and Casino in Garapan, Saipan, for minimum wage, overtime, and recordkeeping violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act ...
- Related stories: USA: Construction workers sue Imperial Pacific and its contractors over claims for forced labour and human trafficking in Saipan
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Imperial Pacific International
Author: Groupe Casino
... After review, we do inform you that the "East West Group" and "Abonti Color Tex factories" aren't suppliers of the Casino group. As regards factory "Garib&Garib Company Limited", the Casino group maintains business relationships with the...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Brands respond to mass dismissals of garment workers following minimum wage protests
- This is a response from the following companies: Groupe Casino
A widespread crackdown in Bangladesh has seen over 12,000 garment workers dismissed from factories following protests in December 2018 and January 2019 over minimum wage changes. The workers were dismissed despite assurances from the government and Ba...
Extraction Casino: Mining companies gambling Latin American lives and sovereignty supranational arbitration
Author: Jen Moore and Manuel Perez Rocha: Mining Watch, Institute for Policy Studies y CIEL
…During the last couple of decades…mining companies have filed dozens of claims against Latin American countries before international arbitration panels, demanding compensation for court decisions, public policies and other government measures that...
Author: Emily Feng, National Public Radio
"China's Global Construction Boom Puts Spotlight On Questionable Labor Practices", 30 March 2019...
Author: Farah Master, Reuters
15 March 2019...
- Related stories: USA: "Many" Chinese construction workers on Saipan island were reportedly injured or died building Imperial Pacific casinos; company denies allegations USA: Construction workers sue Imperial Pacific and its contractors over claims for forced labour and human trafficking in Saipan USA: Labour groups & academics call on Congress to inquire into labour violations at the Imperial Pacific casino in Saipan, CNMI Show moreShow less
Chinese construction workers sue Saipan casino and its Chinese contractors for forced labor scheme in U.S. federal court
Author: Aaron Halegua
15 March 2019...