Your search returned 43 results. You are on page 4 of 5.
Author: E News Park Forest
Assistant Senate Majority Leader Dick Durbin (D-IL) and Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK) sent a letter today to 26 tech companies, urging them to join a voluntary code of conduct known as the Global Network Initiative (GNI) [on freedom of expression, privacy...
- Related companies: Acer Apple AT&T Cisco Systems Dell eBay Facebook Fortinet HP (Hewlett-Packard) Juniper Networks Lenovo Motorola MySpace.com (part of Specific Media) Nokia Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) (joint venture Nokia and Siemens) Siemens Skype (part of Microsoft) Sprint Nextel Symantec Toshiba Twitter Verizon Vodafone Websense
Author: Paul Jay, CBC News
A group of prominent Canadian researchers has launched an initiative to examine how closely companies like Google, Microsoft and Yahoo follow their own principles regarding freedom of expression and privacy...Citizen Lab director Ron Deibert said the...
Author: Citizen Lab, Munk Centre for International Studies, University of Toronto
Technology, Business, and Democratic Rights in Iran [refers to proposed legislation by US Senators Schumer and Graham]
Author: Chip Pitts, CSR Law
CSR Law commented last week on reports that Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) [joint venture Nokia and Siemens] provided technology to Iran that the regime used to monitor and repress protesters and dissidents. (As a CSR academic and activist who was...
Author: Chip Pitts, CSR Law
…[C]ensorship, surveillance, and propaganda remain distressingly effective in many countries, including Iran. And when they involve technology, they sometimes involve charges of corporate complicity…The possibility that Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) ...
- Related stories: Iran: The impact of technology firms on freedom of expression - focus on Nokia Siemens Networks (commentary by Chip Pitts)
- Related in-depth areas: Denial of freedom of expression - an introduction
- Related companies: Cisco Systems Google Microsoft Nokia Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) (joint venture Nokia and Siemens) Siemens Yahoo!
Author: Nokia Siemens Networks
Recent media reports have speculated about Nokia Siemens Networks’ role in providing monitoring capability to Iran. To clarify: Nokia Siemens Networks [joint venture Nokia & Siemens] has provided Lawful Intercept capability solely for the...
Author: Eli Lake, The Washington Times [USA]
Two European companies…last year installed an electronic surveillance system for Iran that human rights advocates and intelligence experts say can help Iran target dissidents. Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN), a joint venture between...Nokia and...Siemens...
- Related companies: Cisco Systems Nokia Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) (joint venture Nokia and Siemens) Siemens
HP, Lafarge, Nike, Johnson & Johnson and other leading global corporations are cutting emissions by 50 million tons
Author: World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
Many WWF Climate Savers Companies gather in Washington to demonstrate to policymakers that emission cuts and economic growth can go hand-in-hand…Some of the world’s most iconic global corporations…announced an estimated 50 million tons of voluntary...
- Related companies: Coca-Cola Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (part of FRHI Hotels & Resorts) FRHI Hotels & Resorts HP (Hewlett-Packard) Johnson & Johnson JohnsonDiversey Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Nike Nokia Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) (joint venture Nokia and Siemens) Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) Polaroid Sagawa Express Sony Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval)