Your search returned 202 results. You are on page 4 of 21.
Author: Laura Natumi McTavish, Responsible Investment Analyst, DNB, Norwary
We have had extensive dialogue with Framtiden i Våre Hender to explain our position and how it would be presented in the report. Unfortunately, we believe that the report’s conclusion does not accurately reflect DNB’s position and work with H&M. ...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Fair Action reports that Nordic banks fail to hold H&M and other brands accountable to living wage promises
- Related in-depth areas: Living wage
- This is a response from the following companies: DnB NOR H&M
Author: Ounkeo Souksavanh & Richard Finney, Radio Free Asia
"'Commissions' Required of Companies Bidding For Building Work in Flood-hit Lao Province", 27 February 2019...
Author: NewAge BD, Bangladesh
"Accord submits 281-day plan with conditions for departure", 12 February 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh Accord on Fire & Building safety to cease operations in country by end of Nov 2018 unless govt. grants extension
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights
Author: Swati Gupta, CNN
"Pregnant women are risking their lives to bring people tea", 6 February 2019...
- Related stories: India: CAO Investigation report low wages & poor working conditions at Tata-World Bank Plantations
- Related in-depth areas: Labour rights Women
- Related companies: Hindustan Unilever Lipton (part of Unilever) Taj Mahal Tea House (part of Hindustan Unilever) Tata Global Beverages (part of Tata Group) Tetley (part of Tata Tea)
Author: BHP Billiton
…As indicated in the article there were unfortunately two concentrate spills, one in July 2012 caused by a failure inside a valve station and one in April 2017 caused by third party drilling to complete public road works. As you can see from Antamina´s...
- Related stories: Peru: Ancash region under alert over alleged contamination of water sources by Antamina mining operations
- This is a response from the following companies: BHP Billiton
Author: Marc Bain, Quartz
"5,000 workers protesting low wages in Bangladeshi garment factories have been fired", 1 February 2019...
- Related stories: Bangladesh: Widespread garment worker protests follow announcement of minimum wage increase
- Related companies: H&M Next
Author: RTT News/Nasdaq (US)
"Vale Announces Decommissioning Of All Its Upstream Tailings Dams", 29 January 2019...
Interview with Guatemalan Maya Ch'orti Indigenous authority: 'We need to be consulted directly, not through a mayor or community development council'
Author: Ana Zbona, Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
In the second part of 2018, UN human rights experts have raised alarm over the increase in killings, attacks and other acts of intimidation against human rights defenders in Guatemala. We sat down with a human rights defender from Guatemala, Domingo Vázquez Ramírez, a Maya Ch'orti indigenous authority, who talked to us about the difficulties indigenous defenders encounter when faced with entry of development projects, including renewable energy companies.
Locals in oil-rich area accuse SBC Uganda of locking them out of opportunities in oil-related airport construction; company comments
Author: Edward Ssekika, Oil in Uganda
"Hoima residents demand for ‘oil jobs'"...
Author: Michel Nkurunziza, Forum on China-Africa Cooperation
"Rwanda: Chinese Envoy Pledges Market for Rwanda's Coffee,Tea", 3 January 2019...
- Related companies: Alibaba.com