Your search returned 66 results. You are on page 5 of 7.
…The country’s environment minister Manuel Pulgar-Vidal told…that the Antamina consortium, which comprises BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata plc, Teck Resources Ltd and Mitsubishi Corp, has been fined 207,200 soles (US$77,000) for the spill, which...
Author: Pulso (Chile)
Aún no cumple seis meses de vida y la Súper [Superintendencia] de Medio Ambiente ha requerido principalmente a firmas del sector minero [y] [n]o sólo Barrick...En menos de seis meses, el nuevo regulador ha inspeccionado a 15 empresas de todos los...
En juin 2011, les Nations Unies ont signé les Principes Directeurs guidant les entreprises en matière de respect des droits de l’Homme…Deux ans plus tard, qu’en est-il de la mise en place effective des Principes Directeurs dans les entreprises ?...
This report aims at exploring contemporary mining conflicts in the context of the sustainable development and environmental justice...[T]he project and type of conflict are characterized in a nutshell, with some basic factual background that describe...
- Related stories: EJOLT report explores mining conflicts in context of sustainable development & environmental justice
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta Areva Barrick Gold Buenaventura China Railway Construction Codelco Copper Mesa Mining Corriente Resources Dundee Precious Metals DuPont Eco Oro Minerals (formerly Greystar Resources) Ecuacorriente (part of Corriente Resources) Entre Mares (part of Goldcorp) Enusa Glamis Gold (part of Goldcorp) Goldcorp Greystar Resources Grupo México Inmet Mining Marubeni Meridian Gold Minera San Xavier (part of New Gold) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsui Montana Exploradora (part of Goldcorp) New Gold Newmont Nippon Mining Pacific Rim Mining Paladin Energy Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Rio Tinto Rössing Uranium Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Tongling Nonferrous Metals Yamana Gold
Author: Donald G. McNeil, New York Times
A Canadian zinc mining company and a Canadian nonprofit devoted to getting vitamins and minerals to children in poor countries recently joined forces to create a new partnership, the Zinc Alliance for Child Health...Zinc...is a mineral crucial in...
- Related stories: Senegal: Mining company Tech Resources partners with NGO to help 6 million children get zinc supplements to improve their health & development
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Children Nutrition, including babymilk Positive initiatives
- Related companies: Teck Resources
Author: Canadian Business for Social Responsibility
The 2011 year promises renewed investment in CSR and sophisticated approaches like complex collaborations, international engagement and responses to climate change. Canadian Business for Social Responsibility (CBSR) has been monitoring activity in our...
- Related in-depth areas: UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: Nestlé Talisman Teck Resources
Author: Intl. Council on Mining and Metals
This Guide represents a key milestone on a journey that began for ICMM in 2004, when we started working to support more constructive relationships between Indigenous Peoples and mining companies...based on respect, meaningful engagement and mutual...
- Related stories: Intl. Council on Mining and Metals releases "Good Practice Guide: Indigenous Peoples and Mining"
- Related in-depth areas: Business action
- Related companies: Anglo American Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Buenaventura China Minmetals EnCana Freeport Indonesia (part of Freeport-McMoRan) Freeport-McMoRan Goldcorp Ivanhoe Mines (now Turquoise Hill Resources) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Newmont OceanaGold Oxiana Rio Tinto Rio Tinto Alcan (part of Rio Tinto) Teck Resources Vale Xstrata (part of Glencore)
Author: Marta Miranda and Amanda Sauer, World Resource Institute [USA]
Water issues are becoming a considerable factor affecting growth and profitability of companies in many regions of the world. This paper outlines potential water-related risks facing the mining industry and highlights important gaps in water-related...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on Pacific Business & Human Rights
- Related companies: Aditya Birla Group Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) AngloGold Ashanti Antofagasta Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Compañía Fresnillo ERAMET Evraz Freeport-McMoRan Gold Fields Goldcorp (now Newmont Goldcorp) Grupo México Hindalco (part of Aditya Birla Group) Impala Platinum Kazakhmys Kinross Gold Kumba Iron Ore Newcrest Newmont Goldcorp Norilsk Nickel Rio Tinto Shandong Gold Group Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Sterlite Industries (part of Vedanta Resources) Teck Resources Vale Vedanta Resources Western Mining Xstrata (part of Glencore) Yamana Gold Zijin