Related stories and components
A machinery hire company has been fined after a worker was paralysed when a tractor he was unloading fell on him…The incident left him a paraplegic. A WorkCover investigation found safety protocols were not being followed and charged the company, Multi...
Author: Maala - Business for Social Responsibility [Israel]
[includes: Bank Hapoalim, Baran Group, Bezeq, Cellcom, Discount Bank, Elbit Systems, Gazit Globe, Isrotel, Leumi Bank, Ness Technologies, Nice systems, Ormat Industries, Osem Group, Partner Communications, Scailex Corporation, Strauss Group, Tambour,...
- Related stories: Israel: Maala publishes 2011 CSR rankings of 85 companies; finds upward trend in adoption of CSR principles, but lack of reporting on social & environmental issues
- Related companies: Applied Materials Bank Hapoalim Baran Bezeq Elbit Systems HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Israel Discount Bank Leumi Microsoft Motorola Motorola Mobility (part of Lenovo) Motorola Solutions Netafim NICE Ormat Osem (part of Nestle) Procter & Gamble SanDisk Strauss Teva Pharmaceutical Unilever
OSHA [Occupational Safety and Health Administration] Wins Key Battle Against Insurer in Grain Elevator Accident [USA]
Author: Jenna Greene, BLT: The Blog of Legal Times [USA]
In the wake of a horrific accident where two teenage boys were killed in a grain elevator…the Occupational Safety and Health Administration [OSHA] has won a key battle against an insurance company in investigating what happened. The…teens…were working...
Author: Responsible Investor
A group of US investors has filed shareholder resolutions at four major corporate members of the US Chamber of Commerce: Accenture, IBM, Pepsi and Pfizer, challenging their boards to review their policies and oversight of political expenditures through...
Author: CRO Magazine
In 2008, CRO—in partnership with IW Financial…tweaked the methodology to emphasize the corporate responsibility efforts of large, impactful corporations in eight categories: Climate Change, Employee Relations, Environment, Financial, Governance, Human...
Author: CRO Magazine
[Top five placed companies: Intel, Eaton, Nike, John Deere, Genentech]
- Related stories: USA: CRO Magazine's 100 Best Corporate Citizens 2008 - list topped by Intel, Eaton, Nike
- Related companies: Aetna Agilent Technologies Allegheny Energy American Electric Power Avalon Avon Bank of America Baxter International Bunge Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Cummins Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Eastman Chemical Eaton Edison International El Paso Energy Entergy Exelon Fairchild Semiconductor FirstEnergy Ford FPL Group Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Gap Genentech General Electric General Mills General Motors Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodyear Green Mountain Coffee Guess Hess Corporation Humana IBM Intel Intersil ITT Industries John Deere JPMorgan Chase Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Lockheed Martin Marathon Oil McKesson MeadWestvaco Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola Nike Norfolk Southern Office Depot PepsiCo PG&E PNC Financial Services PPL Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Public Service Enterprise Group PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Raytheon Reliant Energy Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Seagate Technology Southern Company Staples Starbucks State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) Target Temple-Inland Tiffany Union Pacific Verizon Walt Disney Waste Management Weyerhaeuser Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy
Author: Gustavo Orellano, La Capital [Argentina]
Con el propósito de insertar en el mercado laboral al grupo de  jóvenes discapacitados que concurre al Hogar Taller y Granja Protegido municipal fue inaugurado...un moderno vivero denominado Manto de Sol para la producción y comercialización de...
- Related companies: Biofer
Author: Centre for the Study of Globalisation & Regionalisation at Warwick University, Middlesex University Business School.
Venue: National Liberal Club, Central London...Since the 1990s, international organizations...as well as national development agencies...have embraced Corporate Social Responsibility in the hope that the private sector can play a key role in achieving...