Chocolate & cocoa
Related stories and components
Author: Concepcion Alvarez, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Malgré leurs engagements, les grandes entreprises du chocolat continuent de déforester l’Afrique », 9 janvier 2019...
Brazil: Survey by Intl. Labour Org. & Labour Prosecution Office reveals 8,000 children and teenagers working in the cocoa supply chain, but some companies have good practices
At least 8,000 Brazilian children and teenagers work in the chocolate production chain according to the report requested by the International Labour Organization (ILO) and by Brazil’s Labour Prosecution's Office, between 2017 and 2018. Brasil de Fato ...
Environmental campaigners say cocoa industry not meeting deforestation pledges in Ghana & Ivory Coast
Author: Ruth Maclean, The Guardian
"Africa cocoa industry failing on deforestation pledge - campaigners", 7 December 2018....
- Related stories: Cocoa industry linked to illegal deforestation in Côte d'Ivoire & Ghana
- Related in-depth areas: Climate change Natural resources (land, water, forests)
- Related companies: Olam
Author: The Global Business of Forced Labour
The Global Business of Forced Labour is a multidisciplinary international research project examining the business models of forced labour within global supply chains, focusing on case studies of tea and cocoa....
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest news on proposed binding treaty
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci
Author: Prensa Latina
“Chocolate a la venta en Brasil está contaminado por trabajo infantil”- 09 de diciembre de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
Author: Fabio Teixeira, Thomson Reuters Foundation
"Global chocolate supply chain tainted by abuses in Brazil - report", 30 November 2018...
Commentary: Chocolate makers facing lawsuits over failure to effectively address use of child labour in cocoa supply chains
Author: Rosa Furneaux, Mother Jones (USA)
"Your Halloween Candy’s Hidden Ingredient: Child Slave Labor", 31 Oct 2018...
- Related stories: Hershey lawsuit (re child labour in Côte d’Ivoire) Nestlé, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland lawsuit (re Côte d'Ivoire)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Hershey Mars Nestlé