Related stories and components
Consumer Goods Forum & Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative to develop benchmark & recognition tool for social compliance in seafood sector
Author: The Consumer Goods Forum & The Global Sustainable Seafood Initiative
"GSSI and the CGF join forces on a benchmark and recognition tool for social compliance schemes in the seafood sector", 17 May 2018...
Author: El Diario de la República
“Un tema pendiente” - 14 de mayo de 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Child labour
Thailand: Forced labour likely to continue unless govt. & industry utilise technology & connect with workers' organisations
Author: Yon Sineat, The Phnom Penh Post
"Migrants 'need protection'", 14 May 2018...
Author: Greenpeace (Netherlands)
"Chinese companies see subsidies cancelled and permits removed for illegal fishing in West Africa", 9 Mar 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Maritime Industry and Human Rights: Fishing
Aldi’s seafood offering to UK customers consisted of 79% certified sustainable sources, according to the MSC, ahead of Sainsbury’s (76%) and fellow discount supermarket Lidl (72%). The findings show that supermarkets are collectively selling more...
Author: SDP Noticias (México)
“Una mina submarina en el Golfo de Ulloa llevará a un colapso pesquero, señalan”, 11 de abril de 2018...
- Related companies: Altos Hornos de México
Nordic food companies say verdict against Andy Hall is harmful to Thailand as exporting country & emphasize importance of free civil society
Author: Axfood (Sweden), Axfoundation (Sweden), Coop (Sweden), Findus (Sweden), Ethical Trading Initiative (Norway), Martin & Servera (Sweden), Menigo (Sweden), Norvida (Sweden), SOK (Finland), Unil (Norway)
"Nordic food companies’ comment on the Court decision 26th March 2018 regarding defamation case against human rights advocate Andy Hall", 11 Apr 2018...
- Related stories: Thai Court orders defender Andy Hall's payment of 10 million baht in damages to Natural Fruit co.; companies & business associations express concern
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: "S Group" Axfood Coop Norden
Author: Sebastien Malo, Reuters Foundation (NY)
"Many in Thai Fishing Industry Fail to See Conditions as Slavery - Research", 05 Feb 2018...