Food & beverage
Related stories and components
Author: El Desconcierto (Chile)
“Cierran Fruna: Seremi de Salud prohíbe funcionamiento de la empresa hasta que mejore las condiciones de sus trabajadores” – 9 de julio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas
- Related companies: Fruna
Oxfam hat zum dritten Mal 16 große Supermarktketten hinsichtlich ihrer Geschäftspolitik und ihres Umgangs mit Menschenrechten in der Lebensmittellieferkette untersucht, darunter fünf deutsche (Aldi Nord, Aldi Süd, Edeka, Lidl und Rewe)....
Philippines: Unions accuse Coca-Cola of using COVID-19 as pretext to target & dismiss union leaders; Company denies allegations
Coca-Cola management in the Philippines is using COVID-19 as a pretext to target and dismiss union leaders at the San Fernando plant in Pampanga province, according to the International Union of Food, Agricultural, Hotel, Restaurant, Catering, Tobacco...
Author: Ryushiro Kodaira, Nikkei Shimbun
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak KnowTheChain benchmarks: Addressing forced labour in corporate supply chains
- Related companies: adidas Apple Asics C&A Fast Retailing Hennes & Mauritz (H&M) Hewlett Packard Enterprise HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Nike PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Samsung Sony
- Related stories: India: Milkfood worker union protest failure to receive full salaries during lockdown; company response included
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- This is a non response from the following companies: Hindustan Unilever
Nabha factory of Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), produces essential health food drinks marketed under well-known brands such as Horlicks and Boost. A nationwide lockdown was declared by the Government of India on account of Covid19 effective 25th...
- Related stories: India: Milkfood worker union protest failure to receive full salaries during lockdown; companies respond
- This is a response from the following companies: Unilever
India: Milkfood worker union protest failure to receive full salaries during lockdown; company response included
An article in Tribune India alleged that Hindustan Unilever Limited’s Nabha factory failed to provide full salary to the over 1,700 employees, including contractual staff – during the lockdown. The article further alleges that the Labour Department’s...
Author: El Desconcierto
“Las denuncias de las “Mamás Fruna”: Trabajadoras acusan que empresa de confites vulnera sus derechos maternales” – 30 de junio de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (coronavirus): personas trabajadoras de cadenas de suministro
- Related companies: Fruna
Facebook CEO agrees to meet with organizers of massive Facebook advertising boycott over hate-speech, supported by multinationals
Author: Sheila Dang & Katie Paul (Reuters) in Business Insider
"Mark Zuckerberg has agreed to meet with the civil rights groups that sparked a massive Facebook advertising boycott", 01 Jul 2020...
- Related stories: Hundreds of companies pause advertising on Facebook as part of civil society campaign to stop spread of hate & discrimination on the platform
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Coca-Cola Facebook Ford Instagram (part of Facebook) Starbucks Twitter Verizon
More than 1,000 companies pause advertising on Facebook as part of civil society campaign to stop spread of hate & discrimination on the platform
On June 17, 2020 the Stop Hate for Profit campaign asked companies to act against hate and disinformation being spread by Facebook by temporarily pausing advertising on Facebook and Instagram. The campaign includes ADL, Color of Change, Common Sense,...