Related stories and components
Business model of agricultural traders in Switzerland raises human rights concerns, according to NGO report urging tougher rules
In June 2019, the Swiss NGO Public Eye published a report titled "Agricultural Commodity Traders in Switzerland: Benefitting from Misery?" looking at Switzerland’s role as a global hub of agricultural commodities. According to the report, the...
Ethiopia: Oakland Institute report says state projects have left thousands in danger of conflict & starvation; includes govt. official's response
A recent Oakland Institute report claims that Gibe III dam and irrigated sugar plantations are “wreaking havoc” in southern Ethiopia and threaten to wipe out tens of thousands of indigenous peoples. It continues that the government has yet to address...
Cambodia: EU delegations visit Cambodia to assess the human rights and labour rights situation and urge Cambodia to show real and credible improvements
Author: European Commission
"EU sends monitoring mission to Cambodia to assess the human rights and labour rights situation", 11 June 2019...
Cambodia: Preah Vihear provincial court charges villagers and NGOs staffers over land disputes with a Chinese company
Author: Kimmarita Long, The Phnom Penh Post
"Court charges villagers over land dispute with Chinese firm", 14 June 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Conflicts continue between Preah Vihear villagers & Hengfu Sugar subsidiaries, as locals accuse companies of taking land without adequate compensations
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Lan Feng (Cambodia) International Co., Ltd.
Cambodia: A Thai civil court hears an inquiry trial of a class action lawsuit filed by Cambodian villagers who have involved in land conflicts with a Thai company
Author: Rina Chandran, Reuters
"Cambodian farmers battle in landmark lawsuit against Thai sugar firm", 12 June 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: 602 families accuse Mitr Phol Sugar of land confiscation, livestock killing & crop looting in complaint filed with Thai National Human Rights Commission
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Coca-Cola Mitr Phol
Author: OECD Watch
"The State of Remedy under the OECD Guidelines: Understanding NCP cases concluded in 2018 through the lens of remedy", 12 Jun 2019...
Author: Tiempo Argentino
Apelan la falta de mérito a empresarios acusados por delitos de lesa humanidad” 22 de mayo de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
Kenya: Kibos Sugar Factory allegedly discharging effluent into local river compromising locals' access to clean water; company denies allegations
Author: Faith Matete, The Star (Kenya)
"River Kibos under threat from factory waste"...
Cambodia: About 700 community's members protest to demand a solution to their long-standing land disputes with sugar companies in Kampong Speu
Author: Sochan Ry, The Phnom Penh Post
"Kampong Speu sugar company villagers protest at Land Management Ministry", 5 April 2019...
- Related companies: Phnom Penh Sugar