Related stories and components
Author: Oxfam India
"Human Cost of Sugar: A farm-to-mill assessment of sugar supply chain in Uttar Pradesh", October 2018...
Swaziland: Royal Swaziland Sugar accused of illegally evicting local farmers, includes company's comments
Author: Farmer's Weekly (So. Africa)
"Swazi sugar corporation accused of illegal evictions"...
- Related in-depth areas: Land Rights & Displacements
Cambodia: Groups call on UN Special Rapporteur Smith to investigate gov't involvement in land grabbing cases
Author: Joshua Lipes, Radio Free Asia
"Coalition Calls on UN Expert to Investigate Claims of State-Backed Land Grabs in Cambodia," 12 November 2018...
- Related companies: Hengfu Group Sugar Industry Co., Ltd.
Report evaluating implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights by Norwegian-supported businesses in Tanzania & Mozambique
"UNGP, Human Rights and Norwegian Development Cooperation Involving Business"...
Author: Friends of the Earth Asia Pacific, The Diplomat
[This month] at the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, over 100 countries are negotiating a powerful new treaty that aims to create a binding instrument to hold transnational companies accountable for violations of human and environmental...
Australian NCP concludes ANZ's action not in line with the company's human rights policy in Phnom Penh Sugar case
The Australian National Contact Point (AusNCP) has released its final statement in a case relating to ANZ's financing of Phnom Penh Sugar (PPS), a Cambodian company linked to forcible evictions and other human rights abuses. In its statement, the...
India: Police fire tear gas, water cannon to break up farmers' protest over better prices for produce
Author: Mayank Bhardwaj, Reuters
"India: Police fire tear gas, water cannon to break up farmers' protest", 2 Oct 2018...
Collusion & co-optation of legal systems by organised crime & corporate interests among main drivers of killings of defenders, says head of HRD Memorial project
Author: Jim Loughran, HRD Memorial project / Front Line Defenders (Ireland)
"I ran away but she sat there... Then they smiled and shot her', 11 Sep 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
“Entre coacción y colaboración: Verdad judicial, actores económicos y conflicto armado en Colombia” - 8 de agosto de 2018...
- Related stories: Colombia: Informe de ONG señala que intereses empresariales estarían desplazando y acaparando tierras en la Orinoquía Informe de Banktrack explora las responsabilidades de la banca por presunta contribución de sus fondos a violaciones de derechos humanos
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- This is a response from the following companies: Banacol Chiquita Del Monte Foods Drummond Ecopetrol LafargeHolcim Organización Ardila Lülle Poligrow Postobón (part of Organización Ardila Lülle)