Related stories and components
Indonesia: Child smokers are easy target for the tobacco industry due to high exposure to cigarette advertising
Author: Tara Marchelin, Jakarta Globe
"Child Smokers Easy Target for Tobacco Industry: Ministry", 18 June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Business and Human Rights in Southeast Asia
Jordan tops global smoking rates as public health advocates condemn tobacco companies’ influence in shaping regulations; incl. co. comments
An investigation by The Guardian has found that multinational tobacco companies, including Philip Morris, Japan Tobacco and The British American Tobacco in Jordan have been interfering in shaping public health policies and laws. The investigation...
Author: Noticias ONU
“Las tabacaleras se dirigen a los jóvenes para remplazar los ocho millones de personas que sus productos matan al año” - 29 de mayo de 2020...
Tanzania: IPIS' briefing on business & human rights; includes coverage on agribusiness, tourism & mining sectors
"Briefing on Business and Human Rights in Tanzania: 2019 Quarter 3 & 4: July-December"...
Author: La Tercera (Chile)
“Desde una potencial vacuna a millonarias donaciones: El activo rol de las tabacaleras en tiempos de coronavirus” – 27 de abril de 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Brote de COVID-19 (Coronavirus): respuesta gubernamental y de las empresas
- Related companies: British American Tobacco Philip Morris International
Author: Leigh Day
‘Malawi tobacco farmers in landmark legal fight against British American Tobacco’ 31 October 2019...
- Related stories: Malawi: Lawyers announce lawsuit demanding British American Tobacco compensate families working under poverty wages on tobacco fields; Company comments included
- Related in-depth areas: Child labour Forced labour Latest Legal News
- Related companies: British American Tobacco
Author: The Citizen
"ILO ends relationship with tobacco companies as Tanzanian activists applaud move", 7 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Agriculture
Malawi: Customs and Border Protection issues withhold release order on tobacco from Malawi on allegations of forced labor
Author: Geneva Sands, CNN
'US suspends tobacco imports from Malawi over forced child labor allegations' 1 November 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Child labour
Author: Deutsche Welle (Germany)
‘Tobacco company rebukes Malawi child labor claims’...