Related stories and components
Brazil: British American Tobacco Plc. and Philip Morris International sued in landmark public health case
“In landmark case, Brazil sues top tobacco firms to recover public health costs”, 22nd May 2019...
British American Tobacco accused of depriving developing countries of hundreds of millions of dollars in tax needed to provide people with health services
Author: Rob Davies, Guardian (UK)
"Tobacco firm BAT 'costs developing countries $700m in tax", 30 April 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on tax avoidance
- Related companies: British American Tobacco Nobleza Piccardo (part of British American Tobacco) Souza Cruz (part of British American Tobacco)
UK: Ex-tobacco salesman given free cigarettes as perk of job & suffering from cancer to sue British American Tobacco
Author: Jane Dalton, Independent (UK)
"Tobacco salesman given 1,200 free cigarettes a month has inoperable lung cancer", 25 Apr 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: British American Tobacco Philip Morris International Rothmans, Benson & Hedges (part of Philip Morris International)
Canada: Tobacco companies lose appeal in class action lawsuit by smokers about lack of warning re risks of smoking & ordered to pay CA$17 billion in damages
In 1998, Canadian smokers filed a consolidated lawsuit against the Canadian subsidiaries of British American Tobacco, Philip Morris International and Japan Tobacco International, namely, Imperial Tobacco Canada Ltd.; Rothmans, Benson & Hedges Inc. ...
Author: Marie Maurisse, Public Eye
"The blazing success of Swiss cigarettes in Africa", Jan 2019...
ABN Amro publishes 2nd human rights report highlighting progress on addressing privacy, discrimination, labour rights & land rights
Author: ABN Amro
"...This second Human Rights Report builds on earlier publications such as the 2015 Human Rights Guide, the 2016 Human Rights Report and the 2017 Update. [ABN AMRO] explain[s] the progress... made over the past two years in addressing salient human...
- Related companies: ABN Amro
Author: Pauline Skypala, Financial Times (USA)f
"‘Responsible’ fund managers must do better to impress millennials", 28 Jan 2019 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Latest news: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: BlackRock Goldman Sachs