Apparel & textile
Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Author: Entwicklungspolitik Online
Am 24. April jährt sich die Katastrophe von "Rana Plaza" zum fünften Mal. Beim Zusammenbruch des maroden Gebäudekomplexes in Bangladesch, in dem Textilfabriken untergebracht waren, starben am 24. April 2013 mehr als 1.100 Menschen. Aus diesem Anlass...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on National Action Plans
Uzbekistan: Govt lifts terms of probation for human rights defender monitoring forced labor in cotton fields, urged by activists to drop charges against other HRDs
Author: The Cotton Campaign
The Cotton Campaign welcomes the decision of a court in Uzbekistan to lift the terms of probation for human rights defender Uktam Pardaev 10 months early. Pardaev was arrested on November 16, 2015, following his reporting on forced labor during the...
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders
Author: All Party Parliamentary Group on Sport, Modern Slavery and Human Rights
A new All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) has been launched on Sport, Human Rights and Modern Slavery. ...
Clean Clothes Campaign criticises H&M for making "bold claims" about progress on living wage in sustainability report; incl. co comments
Author: Michelle Russell, 13 April 2018
"H&M under fire over living wage claims", 13 April 2018...
- Related companies: H&M
Author: Oxfam America (US)
"Corporations Increasingly Vocal on Social Issues but Still Mostly Lobbying for Lower Taxes" 12 Apr 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories AbbVie AIG Albertsons Alphabet Amazon.com Amgen Anadarko Apple Archer Daniels Midland Bank of America Berkshire Hathaway Bristol-Myers Squibb Cargill Chevron Cisco Systems Citigroup Coca-Cola ConocoPhillips Costco Eli Lilly ExxonMobil Facebook Foot Locker Gap General Mills Gilead Sciences Hanesbrands Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) IBM Intel J.P. Morgan (part of JPMorgan Chase) Johnson & Johnson JPMorgan Chase Kellogg Kroger L Brands, Inc. Lowe's Marathon Petroleum Mars McDonald's Merck Metlife Microsoft Mondelēz International Morgan Stanley Nike Oracle PepsiCo Pfizer Phillips 66 Prudential Financial Publix PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Ross Stores State Farm Insurance Target Tyson Valero Energy VF Corp Walgreen Walmart Wells Fargo Whole Foods Market
Author: Just About #Turkey
"Turkey garment sector adopts living wage initiative", 12 April 2018...
Author: Press Trust of India, Hindustan Times
"Workers can be hired for fixed term across sectors, says govt", 20 March 2018...
- Related stories: India: Contract labour legalized for all sectors of industry
Cambodia: Apparel groups warn restrictions on freedom of association will make Cambodia unattractive & expensive place to do business
Author: Daphne Chen, The Phnom Penh Post (Cambodia)
"Apparel groups including H&M and Gap urge Cambodia garment industry reform, seek meeting with Hun Sen", 21 Mar 2018...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Apparel brands stand up for human rights defenders, civic freedoms & urge garment industry reform
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: ASOS Gap H&M
Cambodia: Letter of concern by brands to Prime Minister regarding freedom of association & human rights defenders
Author: Rick Helfenbein - President and CEO, American Apparel & Footwear Association, Christian Ewert - Director General, amfori – Trade with Purpose, Peter McAllister - Executive Director, Ethical Trading Initiative, Sharon Waxman - President and CEO, Fair Labor Association, Alexander Kohnstamm - Director, Fair Wear Foundation & Jane Hwang - President and CEO, Social Accountability International
On behalf of international garment, footwear, and travel goods brands and retailers, we write to urge your government to immediately implement its October 16, 2017 commitments... Further, we write to express our growing concern over recent...