Related stories and components
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Nicaragua: Main multinationals call for govt. to respect rule of law and guarantee freedom of assembly & expression
Author: Maynor Salazar, Confidencial (Nicaragua)
"Nicaragua’s Free Trade Zone Multinationals Ask Ortega to End Repression", 1 Jul 2018...
Suppliers evaluate textile companies' responsible purchasing practices in Better Buying Purchasing Practices Index Report
Author: Better Buying
Better Buying Index Report Spring 2018, 22 May 2018...
- Related companies: 360 Sweater Company Abercrombie & Fitch American Eagle Outfitters Benetton Bonmarché (part of Sun Capital Partners) Burberry C&A Canada Pooch Cato Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts Children's Place Debenhams Destination Maternity Dimensions (part of Tailored Brands) Edinburgh Woollen Mill Fashion Pool GmbH Fenix Group Gap Giorgio Armani Hakro Hanes (part of Hanesbrands) Helly Hansen Hobbs House of Fraser Inditex J. Crew J.C. Penney JP Boden & Co Karen Millen Kate Spade & Company Kohl's L.L.Bean Levi Strauss Macy's Mammut Sports Group Mark's/L'Équipeur Work Wearhouse (part of Canadian Tire) Masai Clothing Company Mountain Equipment Co-op New Balance No Ordinary Designer Label (part of Ted Baker) Nordstrom Peek & Cloppenburg/Van Graaf Pretty Green PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Ralph Lauren Rapha Racing Reiss Sainsbury's Sportsgirl Strategic Partners Sugartown Worldwide (Lilly Pulitzer) Talbots Target Tesco The White Company Tommy Bahama Group Uber A/S Urban Outfitters VF Corp W. L. Gore & Associates Walmart Whistles White Stuff
Cambodia: Apparel groups warn restrictions on freedom of association will make Cambodia unattractive & expensive place to do business
Author: Daphne Chen, The Phnom Penh Post (Cambodia)
"Apparel groups including H&M and Gap urge Cambodia garment industry reform, seek meeting with Hun Sen", 21 Mar 2018...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Apparel brands stand up for human rights defenders, civic freedoms & urge garment industry reform
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: ASOS Gap H&M
Cambodia: Letter of concern by brands to Prime Minister regarding freedom of association & human rights defenders
Author: Rick Helfenbein - President and CEO, American Apparel & Footwear Association, Christian Ewert - Director General, amfori – Trade with Purpose, Peter McAllister - Executive Director, Ethical Trading Initiative, Sharon Waxman - President and CEO, Fair Labor Association, Alexander Kohnstamm - Director, Fair Wear Foundation & Jane Hwang - President and CEO, Social Accountability International
On behalf of international garment, footwear, and travel goods brands and retailers, we write to urge your government to immediately implement its October 16, 2017 commitments... Further, we write to express our growing concern over recent...