Related stories and components
Author: Fair Labor Association (USA)
"Leading apparel and footwear brands meet with government to express concerns about worker rights", Oct 23, 2018...
- Related stories: Cambodia: Leading brands suggest labour reforms to the govt. after the meeting about issues surrounding labour and worker rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: adidas New Balance Nike Puma Under Armour
Image via World Bank Photo Collection on Flickr, licensed under (CC BY-NC-ND 2.0)...
Cambodia:Manufacturers association calls on EU to reconsider EBA suspension and commits to more improvement in the sector
"Garment manufacturers group urges EU not to suspend trade preferences for Cambodia," 22 October 2018...
EU to launch withdrawal process of trade preferences in Cambodia over rights concerns & warns Myanmar of potential similar action
The EU is launching the process to end Cambodia's duty-free access to the European Market for exports, and is considering suspending similar trading privileges in Myanmar for human rights abuses in Rakhine state.
UK: Report finds many co's supplying uniforms to the public sector do not report on measures to tackle slavery in supply chains
A new report published by CORE and ICAR on 28 September 2018 finds that few companies supplying uniforms for UK public sector workers, including the armed forces and prison officers, report on what they are doing to tackle slavery in their supply...
Author: Tom McCarthy, The Guardian
"Woke business: have big brands found a conscience or a marketing ploy?" 16 Sept 2018...
New guidance for companies encourages action to support civic freedoms & human rights defenders & explores opportunities for engagement
Author: Bennett Freeman with Sif Thorgeirsson, Adele Barzelay & Brooks Reed
"Shared space under pressure: Business support for civic freedoms and human rights defenders," 29 August 2018 ...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders Positive company initiatives Technology and Human Rights: Digital Freedom
- Related companies: "S Group" adidas ADM (see Archer Daniels Midland) Alphabet Anglo American Apple Archer Daniels Midland Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) Associated British Foods Barrick Gold Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Bunge Cargill Cartier (part of Richemont) Chevron Chobani Cisco Systems Coca-Cola DLA Piper Eileen Fisher ExxonMobil Facebook FIFA General Electric Golden Agri-Resources Google (part of Alphabet) Grupo Hame IOI Group Johnson & Johnson Lyft McKinsey Microsoft Natural Fruit Nestlé Newmont Nike Oath Inc (formerly Yahoo! & AOL (part of Verizon)) PepsiCo Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Reforestación de Palma del Petén (Repsa) (part of Grupo Hame) Richemont Salesforce.com Shell Siemens Sinar Mas Group Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Telenor Tiffany Uber Unilever Vedanta Resources Verizon Volaris Websense Wilmar International
Nicaragua: Main multinationals call for govt. to respect rule of law and guarantee freedom of assembly & expression
Author: Maynor Salazar, Confidencial (Nicaragua)
"Nicaragua’s Free Trade Zone Multinationals Ask Ortega to End Repression", 1 Jul 2018...