Related stories and components
NGOs support claimants' application to appeal to UK Supreme Court against Unilever for its subsidiary’s alleged failure to protect employees from post-electoral violence in Kenya
Following the 2007 post-election violence in Kenya, 200 victims brought a lawsuit in the United Kingdom against Unilever. The complaint argues that the company was allegedly responsible for its subsidiary's failure to protect its employees living and...
Canadian court dismisses class action lawsuit by Rana Plaza victims; finds no reasonable cause of action under Bangladeshi law
Author: Craig Lockwood & Elie Farkas, Osler
"Ontario Court of Appeal applies foreign law, dismisses cross-border class action", 10 Jan 2019...
- Related companies: Loblaw Companies
« Couches pour bébés: alerte sur des "risques", les fabricants sommés d'agir », 23 janvier 2019...
- Related companies: Procter & Gamble
Author: Giulietta Gamberini, La Tribune (France)
« Déchets en plastiques : une nouvelle vague de multinationales se mobilise », 16 janvier 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Ressources naturelles
- Related companies: Access Industries BASF Chevron Coca-Cola Danone Dow Chemical ExxonMobil H&M KFC (part of YUM!) L'Oreal LyondellBasell (part of Access Industries) McDonald's Mitsui PepsiCo Procter & Gamble Shell Total Unilever YUM!
So. Korea: Court orders assets forfeiture of Japanese company to enforce decision compensating WWII workers over forced labour
Author: Hyung-Jin Kim, Associated Press
"South Korea orders seizure of Japan assets over forced labor", 9 Jan. 2019...
So. Korea: Plaintiffs seek to seize assets of Japanese companies to enforce Supreme Court’s ruling compensating WWII workers for forced labour
Author: Akiko Horiyama, Mainichi (Japan)
"Move to seize assets in forced labor case in S. Korea prioritizes plaintiffs' rights", 3 Jan. 2019...
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Welcome to our Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletin -- highlighting a specific topic each quarter, as well as key developments in corporate legal accountability......
- Related stories: Corporate Legal Accountability Bulletin: The Zero Draft Treaty on Business & Human Rights
- Related in-depth areas: Corporate Legal Accountability Quarterly Bulletins Latest news on natural resources Latest news on proposed binding treaty Natural Resources
- Related companies: African Rainbow Minerals Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Apple Appleby BHP Billiton CACI Cargill Drummond Energy Resources Capital Gold Fields Harmony Gold KiK Lundin Petroleum Nestlé Oxec (part of Energy Resources Capital) RWE Samsung Total Unilever Vale Vinci