Construction & building materials
Explore categories within this category
- Heating & boilers
- Construction machinery & vehicles
- Building materials & equipment
- Air conditioning
Related stories and components
Atlas Copco AB response about killings of Albeiro George Pérez & Domar Egidio Zapata, allegedly related to their resistance to Hidroituango
Information about the death of Hugo Albeiro George Pérez and Domar Egidio Zapata has been shared with Atlas Copco and we wish to express our concern and sadness. Atlas Copco monitors the development around the hydroelectric power plant construction and...
- Related stories: Colombia: Denuncian asesinatos de opositores a represa Hidroituango, de EPM; la empresa niega cualquier vínculo Colombia: Opponents of Hidroituango dam killed, cos. respond
- This is a response from the following companies: Atlas Copco
Report by Chartered Institute of Building analyses UK construction industry's response to Modern Slavery Act
Author: Emma Crates, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Construction and the Modern Slavery Act: Tackling exploitation in the UK, May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Arcadis Balfour Beatty Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) IKEA Land Securities Lend Lease Marks & Spencer Mars Marshalls Sainsbury's Sir Robert McAlpine Skanska Tesco Unilever Vinci Walmart
Author: Radio Free Asia
"Workers Reduced to 'Slaves' Amid Rampant Debt Bondage in Cambodia's Brick Sector", 3 May 2018...
تعود قضية عمال لافارج الأردن لعدة سنوات مضت حينما انخفض الطلب على الإسمنت بشكل كبير إثر تغييرات في السوق المحلي. ومن أجل ضمان استمرارية العمل في الأردن مع تغييرات السوق، تم تعليق أحد خطوط الإنتاج في مصنع الراشدية عام 2010، وتوقيف جميع الأنشطة الإنتاجية...
- Related stories: Jordan: Trade union criticizes Lafarge Jordan's restructuring plans to suspend 300 employees & revoke their retirement entitlements citing labour law violations
- This is a response from the following companies: Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim
The labor case concerning employees in Lafarge Jordan dates back several years when changes in the local market led to significantly reduced demand for cement. In order to ensure the business in Jordan was sustainable in this new environment, one of...
- Related stories: Lafarge Jordan: Restructuring plans allegedly suspend 300 employees and revoke their retirement entitlements
- This is a response from the following companies: Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim)
Jordan: Trade union criticizes Lafarge Jordan's restructuring plans to suspend 300 employees & revoke their retirement entitlements citing labour law violations
In December 2017, the General Trade Union of Construction Workers in Jordan issued a statement regarding Lafarge Jordan's plans to suspend 300 employees. According to the Union, the company is seeking to revoke employee entitlements for early...
Author: Amanda Rossi, BBC Brasil em São Paulo (UK/Brazil)
"De proteção contra substância cancerígena a 'demissão em massa', os efeitos da proibição do amianto", 29 novembro 2017O Supremo Tribunal Federal (STF) proibiu...[em 29 de novembro]...a extração, industrialização, comercialização e distribuição de...
Author: Building and Wood Workers International (BWI)
On paper, the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (TOCOG) has made strong commitments to embedding human rights norms throughout all stages of Tokyo 2020’s implementation. However environmental and human rights complaints...