Related stories and components
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited HeidelbergCement to respond to concerns about its operations in Western Sahara, it did not respond.
- Related stories: NGO: HeidelberCement's operations in Western Sahara may be linked to IHL violations
- This is a non response from the following companies: HeidelbergCement
In March 2018, Western Sahara Resource Watch (WSRW) addressed a letter to HeidelbergCement CEO, Bernd Scheifele, expressing concerns regarding the company's operations in Western Sahara. WSRW claims that El Aaiún cement factory, owned by...
New publication in Polish and English: "Introducing Business and Human Rights to the general public in Poland"
In February 2018, the Polish newspapers Rzeczpospolita and Parkiet published a 32-page supplement on Business and Human Rights (BHR) under the title: "Business and Human Rights. Responsibility, benefits, ethics". The publication is also...
European manufacturing sector needs transformation to reduce emissions & fight climate change, says NGO
Author: Femke de Jong & Kaisa Amaral on Carbon Market Watch
"European heavy industry can no longer dodge climate action", 22 February 2018...
B Team report highlights positive company actions to reach net-zero GHG emissions by 2050 & ensure a just transition
Author: The B Team
... The B Team companies working towards net-zero [emissions] are from a diverse set of industries... yet common challenges can be identified... [For example,] cleaning up an entire companies energy supply continues to be an immense challenge,...
تعود قضية عمال لافارج الأردن لعدة سنوات مضت حينما انخفض الطلب على الإسمنت بشكل كبير إثر تغييرات في السوق المحلي. ومن أجل ضمان استمرارية العمل في الأردن مع تغييرات السوق، تم تعليق أحد خطوط الإنتاج في مصنع الراشدية عام 2010، وتوقيف جميع الأنشطة...
- Related stories: Jordan: Trade union criticizes Lafarge Jordan's restructuring plans to suspend 300 employees & revoke their retirement entitlements citing labour law violations
- This is a response from the following companies: Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LafargeHolcim
The labor case concerning employees in Lafarge Jordan dates back several years when changes in the local market led to significantly reduced demand for cement. In order to ensure the business in Jordan was sustainable in this new environment, one of...
- Related stories: Lafarge Jordan: Restructuring plans allegedly suspend 300 employees and revoke their retirement entitlements
- This is a response from the following companies: Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim)
Jordan: Trade union criticizes Lafarge Jordan's restructuring plans to suspend 300 employees & revoke their retirement entitlements citing labour law violations
In December 2017, the General Trade Union of Construction Workers in Jordan issued a statement regarding Lafarge Jordan's plans to suspend 300 employees. According to the Union, the company is seeking to revoke employee entitlements for early...
Indonesia: Cement giant sues Joko Prianto for forging signatures on petition rejecting company’s construction plan to ‘criminalize’ him
Author: The Jakarta Post
"Cement giant aiming to criminalize Kendeng farmer Joko Prianto, say supporters", 28 December 2017...
- Related companies: Semen Indonesia
France: Several former Lafarge executives under formal investigation as part of inquiry into alleged financing of terrorist groups in Syria