Related stories and components
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Alaqaria to provide clarify its relationship with HKH General Contracting, as well as explain what measures have been taken to resolve the situation of the workers. Alaqaria did not respond.
- Related stories: Qatar: 1,200 migrant workers at HKH General Contracting without pay for several months; no response from companies
- This is a non response from the following companies: Alaqaria
Author: Mustafa Qadri, Institute for Human Rights and Business, Equidem; Nikhil Eapen, Equidem
"Responsible Recruitment: Addressing Gaps in Protections for Migrant Workers", June 2018...
Vietnam: Police arrest and detain protesters against new economic zones; fear of domination by Chinese investors persists
Author: Giang Nguyen, BBC
"Vietnam protesters clash with police over new economic zones," 11 June 2017...
FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board releases update on advice to FIFA on the World Cup 2018 and 2026 Bid Evaluation
Author: FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board
"Update Statement from the FIFA Human Rights Advisory Board, May 2018"...
Kenya: Building that collapsed killing 3 tenants & injuring others had been marked for demolition by govt. agency
Author: James Kahongeh, Daily Nation (Kenya)
"Collapsed Huruma building was marked for demolition"...
Author: European Parliament
Workers posted temporarily to another EU country must get equal pay for equal work in the same place, under revised rules voted by Parliament... The revised rules, approved by 456 votes to 147, with 49 abstentions, aim to ensure better protect...
- Related stories: EU adopts rules on equal pay & working conditions for posted workers
Report by Chartered Institute of Building analyses UK construction industry's response to Modern Slavery Act
Author: Emma Crates, The Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB)
Construction and the Modern Slavery Act: Tackling exploitation in the UK, May 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Modern slavery
- Related companies: Arcadis Balfour Beatty Co-operative Group Coca-Cola Harbin Power Engineering (HPE) (part of Harbin Power Equipment) Hewlett-Packard (see HP) IKEA Land Securities Lend Lease Marks & Spencer Mars Marshalls Sainsbury's Sir Robert McAlpine Skanska Tesco Unilever Vinci Walmart
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited HKH General Contracting to respond to allegations of non-payment of wages. The company did not respond.
- Related stories: Qatar: 1,200 migrant workers at HKH General Contracting without pay for several months; no response from company
- This is a non response from the following companies: HKH General Contracting
Qatar: 1,200 migrant workers at HKH General Contracting without pay for several months; no response from companies
HKH General Contracting has reportedly failed to pay 1,200 migrant workers their salaries since September 2017. According to Migrant Rights, employees living in company housing lost access to running water and electricity for several weeks. They have...