Construction machinery & vehicles
Related stories and components
Myanmar: Swedwatch reports inadequate human rights impact assessments in jade extraction operations; Volvo responds
Swedwatch's report, "Overlooked and Undermined: Communities affected by jade mining operations in Myanmar, and the responsibilities of companies providing machinery," concludes, among others, that companies providing machinery were not "able to...
British excavation giant JCB warned about potential violations of international law in the occupied Palestinian territories
In August 2018, Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) raised human rights concerns with JCB regarding its involvement in the imminent demolition of Khan al-Ahmar, a Palestinian village in the occupied West Bank. JCB’s products have reportedly...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited JCB to respond to allegations relating to its involvement in the imminent demolition of Khan al-Ahmar. JCB did not respond
- Related stories: British excavation giant JCB warned about potential violations of international law in the occupied Palestinian territories
- This is a non response from the following companies: JCB
Myanmar: Swedwatch report urges mining machinery providers to conduct human rights due diligence to prevent & mitigate adverse impacts
"Machinery providers fail to recognize human rights risks in Myanmar's jade mines," 20 June 2018...
- Related stories: Myanmar: Swedwatch reports inadequate human rights impact assessments in jade extraction operations; Volvo responds
- Related in-depth areas: Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Related companies: Caterpillar Komatsu Volvo Group
Author: Amigos de la Tierra América Latina y el Caribe
“Informe: Estado del agua en América Latina y el Caribe”- 1 de diciembre de 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre recursos naturales
- This is a response from the following companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev Aracruz Celulose (now Fibria Celulose) Brookfield Carrefour Coca-Cola Emgesa (parte de Enel) EPM (Empresas Públicas de Medellín) Ford Grupo Agbar Isagen (part of Brookfield) Itaú Unibanco Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Metro Group Nestlé SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Suez Telefónica Veolia (formerly Vivendi Environnement) Volkswagen
Author: Biznes Polska
"Ursus signs deal with Iranian company"...
- Related stories: "Iran Business Responsibility" launches website
Author: Thomson Reuters (UK)
Thomson Reuters Launches D&I Index - Reveals Top 100 Most Diverse & Inclusive Organizations Globally...
- Related companies: 3M ABB Abbott Laboratories Abengoa Accenture Acciona Alcatel-Lucent (part of Nokia) Allianz Assicurazioni Generali Avon Ayala Bank of Montreal BASF Baxter International Bayer BMW BNP Paribas Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco CA Technologies Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canon Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox Colgate-Palmolive CSL Daiichi Sankyo Daimler Danone Deutsche Post Diageo Dior (part of LVMH) Dow Chemical DuPont EDF EDP (Energias de Portugal) Eli Lilly Endesa (part of Enel) Enel Ferrovial Fletcher Construction Foschini Gap Henkel Hormel HP (Hewlett-Packard) Infosys ING Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Kao Kering Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) L'Oreal LVMH Macy's Medtronic Merck Michelin Microsoft Morgan Stanley Natura Nedbank Nestlé Nokia Novartis Procter & Gamble PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Qantas Airways Roche Samsung Shiseido Société Générale Telefónica Telekom Malaysia Telstra Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters UBS Unilever Xerox YUM!
English and Arabic media reports have been following the Saudi Binladin Group's (SBG) financial difficulties, caused by cuts in government spending due to falling oil prices and the Group's suspension from new state contracts after a crane accident...
Author: Rebecca Moore, PLANSPONSOR (USA)
“Company Seeking ‘Young Blood’ Charged with Age Bias”, 9 Feb 2016...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News