Construction machinery & vehicles
Related stories and components
Author: New York Times
…At least two workers were killed...when a construction crane collapsed at the stadium in São Paulo where Brazil plans to hold the opening game of next year’s World Cup…Odebrecht, the Brazilian firm building the stadium, halted construction but said...
- Related stories: Brazil: Two workers die at World Cup stadium following crane collapse; Odebrecht says it was following procedures
- Related companies: Odebrecht
Author: Michael Fichter (Global Labour University of Germany) & Dimitris Stevis (Colorado State University), Friedrich Ebert Stiftung
Global Union Federations have made significant progress in advancing Global Framework Agreements that create arenas for labor relations based on the Core Labor Standards of the...ILO. These Agreements...are a means of setting minimum standards and...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on freedom of association USA
- Related companies: Accor Adecco Arcelor Mittal BMW Bosch Daimler Danone EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) FCC Ferrovial Freudenberg G4S GEA Group H&M Hochtief IKEA Impregilo ISS Italcementi Kelly Services Lafarge Leoni ManpowerGroup Mercedes-Benz (part of Daimler) Prym Randstad Rheinmetall Rhodia SCA Securitas Siemens Skanska SKF Sodexo Statoil VolkerWessels
Author: Alfredo Molano Jimeno, El Espectador (Colombia)
…[Más] de 200 empresarios [se reunieron] para discutir sobre su papel en un eventual escenario de posconflicto. La iniciativa se denomina Business for Peace (Empresas por la Paz) y pretende que el sector privado suscriba un acuerdo de colaboración para...
[PDF] Non-Enforcement of the Law on Israeli Employers in the Occupied Territories: A Selective List of Israeli Companies Violating Palestinian Workers' Rights
Author: Kav LaOved
The Even Bar case is merely a single...example of the wrongful norm that has taken root among companies and factories under Israeli ownership in the industrial parks established in the Occupied Territories which employ Palestinian workers. The ruling...
- Related companies: Avgi Morris Carpenters
Author: RIA Novosti
...As boycotts of Russian vodka spread across the globe in protest over new Russian laws on homosexuality, US gay rights activists warn the campaign could be the first stage in a broader drive targeting Russia’s economy and image with the Sochi Winter...
- Related stories: Russia: US gay rights activists boycott Stolichnaya vodka over controversial Russian laws on homosexuals; some call for boycott of Sochi Olympics sponsors
- Related companies: Caterpillar Coca-Cola Ernst & Young Holiday Inn (part of InterContinental Hotels) Hyatt Marriott McDonald's Procter & Gamble Sheraton (part of Starwood Hotels) Visa Inc.
Author: We Divest
[Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited TIAA-CREF to respond. TIAA-CREF declined to respond] On...July 16th at TIAA-CREF offices in over a dozen cities...[in the USA], human rights advocates protested the retirement giant’s investments in...
McDonald's...refused to open a branch in a West Bank Jewish settlement, the company said Thursday, adding a prominent name to an international movement to boycott Israel's settlements...[A s]pokeswoman for McDonald's Israel, said...the chain refused...
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
The Shwe natural gas and Myanmar-China oil transport projects are two of Myanmar’s largest energy projects. Two pipelines running through Myanmar will transport gas from the Shwe fields in Myanmar, and oil from the Middle East and Africa, to China. ...
- Related stories: Further to our 26 Jun Update: Chinese National Petroleum Corporation responds to alleged human rights impacts of Shwe natural gas & Myanmar-China oil transport projects.
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Daewoo International (part of Posco) GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Hyundai Heavy Industries KOGAS (Korea Gas Corporation) Myanmar Golden Crown Myanmar Oil & Gas Enterprise (MOGE) National Energy Group of Companies ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Punj Lloyd
Author: Sunnivie Brydum, Advocate.com (USA)
The Boy Scouts of America's halfway ban on openly gay members…wasn't enough to keep former corporate supporter Caterpillar on board…"We have inclusive policies here at Caterpillar Inc., and the foundation abides by those," Pott told the AP. "We just...
- Related companies: Caterpillar
Author: International Commission of Jurists, Geneva for Human Rights, FIAN & AL-Haq
This event will mark the fifth anniversary of the Human Rights Council adoption of the Framework “Protect, Respect and Remedy”, and the publication of the ICJ Report on “Corporate complicity in international crimes”. It will highlight the fact that...