Hydropower & dam projects
Related stories and components
Cambodia: Five CSOs express concerns over insufficient details of transboundary impact assessment of Luang Prabang hydropower project in Laos
Author: Soth Koemsoeun, The Phnom Penh Post
"CSOs express concerns on Lao’s Mekong hydro project", 03 June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Construction, including dam-building
...The first attempt to reach an agreement took place in 2011, it lasted 8 months and did not succeed, although negotiations were conducted with mutual respect .The working table included nine communities representatives and 2 company spokespersons. As...
- Related stories: Guatemala: Enel responds to allegations of the construction of a hydroelectric dam on indigenous territory
- This is a response from the following companies: Enel
Guatemala: Enel responds to allegations of the construction of a hydroelectric dam on indigenous territory
Throughout 2012 and 2013, indigenous leaders and representatives of ENEL, an Italian-based energy company building a huge hydro-electric dam on ancestral indigenous lands, held negotiation sessions in order to reach an agreement. The negotiations...
Honduras: New book reveals details of life & murder of Berta Cáceres, renowned defender who protected land & water from DESA dam project
Author: Nina Lakhani, The Guardian
"Who killed Berta Cáceres? Behind the brutal murder of an environment crusader", 2 Jun 2020...
- Related stories: Honduras: Seven men given prison sentences in the case of the murder of Berta Cáceres
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: Desarrollos Energéticos (DESA)
Author: El Mostrador (Chile)
“INDH presenta informe en derecho ante Corte Suprema por falta de consulta indígena en aprobación ambiental de proyecto hidroeléctrico en La Araucanía” – 27 de mayo de 2020 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias legales
Honduras: Environmental defenders at risk as government awards logging, mining and hydroelectric dam licenses often on indigenous territories
Author: Irish News
“Honduras is selling off its natural resources to the highest bidder, environmentalists claim”, 25th May 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Human rights defenders
Commentary: Kenya & Ethiopia should ensure Gibe III hydro-electric power dam construction does not make Lake Turkana extinct, endangering livelihoods
Author: Edward Mungai, Business Daily (Kenya)
"Lake Turkana: A lifeline in danger of running dry"...
Author: El Colombiano
“En Hidroituango ya son 28 trabajadores contagiados con covid-19” – 22 de mayo de 2020...