Explore categories within this category
- Baby product
- Department stores
- Electrical appliance
- Musical instrument
- Luggage, backpacks & bags
- Greeting card & gift-wrap
- Household products
- Office equipment
- Office supplies & stationery
- Toiletries & soap
- Watch & clock
- Supermarkets & grocery
Related stories and components
Australia: Supermarkets Coles & Woolworths pressured over alleged exploitation in labour supply chains
Author: Mahalia Dobson & Rhiannon Tuffield, ABC
"Coles and Woolworths urged to boycott suppliers linked to the exploitation of migrant workers", 3 May 2019...
Civic leaders & CEOs from The B Team urge US Congress to support legislation to curb use of anonymous companies
Author: 12 civic leaders & CEOs from The B Team
"US government action on anonymous companies is crucial in global effort to fight corruption," 30 April 2019...
El Salvador: Garment workers owed $2.3 million severance pay after sudden closure of Global Brands Group major supplier; Global Brands Group did not respond
In November 2018, Hong Kong-based labour groups issued a joint letter to Global Brands Group requesting it take responsibility to ensure full payment of severance for 824 garment workers employed by Global Brands Group major supplier L.D El Salvador, ...
Author: Global Brands Group
- This is a non response from the following companies: Global Brands Group
Canadian govt. releases guidance for private sector support for human rights defenders & civic freedoms
Author: Global Affairs Canada
"CSR Snapshot #7 – Private Sector Support for Human Rights Defenders: A Primer for Canadian Businesses", 04 Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Women human rights defenders
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas Airbnb Anglo American Apple Associated British Foods Barrick Gold BMW Cisco Systems Daimler FIFA Goldcorp Leber Jeweler Microsoft Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tahoe Resources Unilever
Author: The B Team (USA)
Today students all over the world are taking part in #YouthStrike4Climate demanding climate action for their futures. You all have my full support. Thank you for the bravery & passion you show. #FridaysForFuture #GlobalStrike4Climate pic.twitter...
- Related stories: Young people stage global climate strike in 123 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Climate justice Latest news on Children Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Kering Unilever Virgin Group
Young people stage global climate strike in 125 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
Young people rallied on 15 March to press politicians to act on climate change - the global climate strike took place in over 2000 locations in 125 countries on all continents, including Antarctica. Their message is that "last year’s UN Intergovernmen...
Author: Open For Business (USA)
"Channels of Influence: How Companies Can Promote LGBT+ Inclusive Societies", Mar 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Accenture adidas Alibaba.com Amazon.com American Express AT&T Barclays Best Buy BlackRock Brunswick Burberry Danone Deutsche Bank Diageo eBay EY (Ernst & Young) Facebook Godrej & Boyce Google (part of Alphabet) H&M Huawei Technologies IBM Inditex Infosys KPMG LinkedIn (part of Microsoft) Marriott MasterCard McKinsey Microsoft MTN Nokia PayPal (part of eBay) PricewaterhouseCoopers Safaricom Shell Standard Chartered Starbucks Tesco The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Unilever Virgin Group Walmart Woolworths Group
Author: Bennet Freeman, Mauricio Lazala & Michael Ineichen in World Economic Forum's Agenda
"Why businesses are nothing without strong human rights", 16 Jan 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Civil society participation Latest Legal News Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: adidas Airbnb Alphabet Apple BMW Cisco Systems Daimler Google (part of Alphabet) Microsoft Nike Salesforce.com Siemens Unilever