Related stories and components
Author: [column] Jason Zweig, Wall Street Journal
Buried...in the...[US] Dodd-Frank financial-overhaul law is a provision that has begun turning financial regulators into a human-rights police force...Alarmed by atrocities in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Congress ordered the Securities and...
Author: China Labor Watch
China Labor Watch’s newest report describes conditions for workers who make Dollar General’s merchandise in four supplier factories producing appliances, plastic cookware, household goods and electronic fireplaces. Hours range from 2-4 hours of...
- Related stories: China Labor Watch says KKR profits from poor working conditions at suppliers to its Dollar General subsidiary
- Related companies: Dollar General Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR)
Author: Aaron Bernstein, Pensions & Capital Stewardship Project, Labor & Worklife Program, Harvard Law School [USA]; Christopher Greenwald, ASSET4 [Switzerland]
This paper offers an initial building block required for the development of social factor investment analysis. Using ASSET4 data on 2,508 global corporations, we benchmark public LHR policies relating to global supply chains... The goal is to build...
- Related stories: Study of all sectors, regions finds supply chain labour & human rights policies are "becoming the norm" for large companies
- Related in-depth areas: Supply chain/"Fair trade" - an introduction
- Related companies: Associated British Foods Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Tesco Walmart Williams Sonoma
Author: Central Asian news service
Salaries of employees of one of the largest industrial enterprises in Uzbekistan is paid in manufactured products: saucepans, and other kitchen-ware, since April, one of the workers reported. "Products are of high quality…However for what do I need a...
Author: Poornima Mohandas, Livemint.com [India]
According to the World Health Organization...at least 80% of Indians used solid fuels for cooking and the resultant pollution has killed over 400,000 people...Envirofit India—founded by Shell Foundation...part of the Shell Group, and Envirofit...
- Related companies: Shell
Author: Reuters India
Ikea announced...that it would donate $48 million to UNICEF to help...children in some of India's poorest areas...UNICEF Deputy Chief Saad Houry said that..."Ikea's investment in children's well-being, despite the downturn in the global economy, sets...
- Related stories: Ikea gives $48 million to UNICEF to improve health & living conditions of children in poorest parts of India
- Related companies: IKEA