Related stories and components
Author: Kevin Whitelaw, National Public Radio (NPR) [USA]
The United States is becoming an increasingly diverse nation, but progress in the workplace has been a bit slower. On one side, there are companies like Xerox, which have gone well beyond making a concerted effort to hire minorities and women…But for...
- Related companies: Xerox
Author: Rainforest Action Network
Joining forces with Rainforest Action Network (RAN), the…Gucci Group [part of PPR] has decided to eliminate all paper made from Indonesian rainforests and plantations and by controversial suppliers like Asia Pulp and Paper [part of Sinar Mas]. The...
Number of Top Rated Businesses for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Workers Jumps Despite Tough Economy [USA]
Author: Human Rights Campaign
The number of businesses with perfect ratings based on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workplace policies and benefits rose by twenty percent in the past twelve months — despite the serious economic downturn — according to a new report...
- Related stories: USA: Report finds number of companies with top ratings for lesbian & gay policies increased 20% despite recession
- Related companies: BNY Mellon
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project
Following the increase in the number of CDP signatories, the standard of disclosure over the past seven years since the inception of CDP has increased dramatically... The number of Asian companies responding to CDP 2009 increasedby 39% (51 to 71) from...
- Related stories: Carbon Disclosure Project finds improved disclosure of emissions among world's largest companies - Bayer, BASF, HSBC, Wal-Mart, Chevron lead
- Related companies: 3M A.P. Moller - Maersk ABB Abbott Laboratories Abertis ACS (Brazil-Ukraine) Adobe Systems Aetna AFLAC Ahold Air Liquide Air Products Allergan Allianz Allstate Alstom Altria Amazon.com AmBev (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) América Movil American Electric Power Amgen Anadarko Anglo American Anglo Platinum (part of Anglo American) Anheuser-Busch InBev ANZ Bank Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Arcelor Mittal Archer Daniels Midland Assicurazioni Generali AstraZeneca AT&T Aviva AXA BAE Systems Baker Hughes Banco Bradesco Banco do Brasil Banco Itau Bank of America Bank of China Bank of Montreal Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bank of Nova Scotia Barclays Barrick Gold BASF Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beiersdorf Berkshire Hathaway BG Group BHP Billiton BMW BNP Paribas BNY Mellon Boeing Bouygues BP Bridgestone Bristol-Myers Squibb British American Tobacco British Sky Broadcasting BT Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Canadian Natural Resources Canon Capital One Cardinal Carnival Carrefour Caterpillar Central Japan Railway Centrica CEPSA Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Cheung Kong Chevron China Construction Bank China Life Insurance China Mobile China Telecom Chubb Group Chubu Electric Power Chunghwa Telecom Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commonwealth Bank Con Edison ConocoPhillips Corning Costco Crédit Agricole Credit Suisse CRH (Cement Roadstone Holdings) CSX CVS Daimler Danaher Danone Dell Denso Deutsche Bank Deutsche Boerse Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Devon Energy Diageo Diamond Offshore Drilling DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Duke Energy DuPont E.ON EADS (European Aeronautic Defence and Space) East Japan Railway eBay EDF Edison International Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Enbridge EnCana Enel Eni Entergy EOG Resources Ericsson Exelon ExxonMobil FedEx FirstEnergy Fortum FPL Group France Telecom (now Orange) Franklin Templeton Freeport-McMoRan Fresenius Medical Care Fuji Photo Film Gas Natural Gazprom GDF Suez Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Goldcorp Goldman Sachs Google Grupo México H&M Halliburton Hang Seng Bank Heineken Heinz Hermès Hess Corporation Hitachi Holcim Home Depot Hon Hai Honda Honeywell Hong Kong Electric HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Hutchison Whampoa Iberdrola IBM Illinois Tool Works Imperial Oil Imperial Tobacco Inditex Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Infosys ING INPEX Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Jardine Matheson John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kansai Electric Power (KEPCO) Kao KBC KDDI Kellogg's Kimberly-Clark Kinross Gold Kohl's Komatsu Korea Electric Power (KEPCO) Kraft Foods Kroger Kyocera L'Oreal Lafarge Linde Lloyds TSB Lockheed Martin Loews Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Lowe's Lukoil LVMH Manulife Financial Marathon Oil Maroc Telecom MasterCard McDonald's Medtronic Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife Metro Group Microsoft Millea Mitsubishi Electric (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Mitsubishi Materials (part of Mitsubishi Group) Mitsubishi UFJ Mitsui Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance (part of Sumitomo Group) Mizuho Bank (part of Mizuho Financial Group) Monsanto Morgan Stanley Morrisons MTN MTR Munich Re National Australia Bank National Grid Nestlé Newmont News Corporation Nexen Nike Nintendo Nippon Steel Nissan Nokia Nomura Nordea Bank Norfolk Southern Norilsk Nickel Northrop Grumman Novartis Novatek Novo Group Novo Nordisk (part of Novo Group) NTPC NTT Data Nucor OCBC Bank Occidental Petroleum ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Oracle Panasonic Paychex PepsiCo Pernod Ricard Petro-Canada (part of Suncor) Petrobras PetroChina Pfizer PG&E PNC Financial Services Posco PotashCorp PPL Praxair Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial PTT Public Service Enterprise Group QBE Insurance Raytheon Reckitt Benckiser Reed Elsevier Group Reliance Industries Repsol YPF Research In Motion (now BlackBerry) Resona Reynolds American Rio Tinto Roche Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Rosneft Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal Philips Electronics RWE SABMiller Saint-Gobain Samsung Sanofi-Aventis Santander SAP Sasol Schering-Plough Schlumberger Schneider Electric Scottish and Southern Energy Sempra Energy Seven & i Shin-Etsu Group Siemens Simon Property Singapore Telecommunications Sinopec Société Générale Softbank Sony Southern Company Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Spectra Energy Standard Bank Standard Chartered Staples State Bank of India State Street Statoil Sumitomo Group Sumitomo Metal Industries (part of Sumitomo Group) Sumitomo Mitsui Banking (part of Sumitomo Group) Sun Hung Kai Properties Sun Life Financial Suncor SunTrust Banks Surgutneftegas Swiss Re Syngenta Sysco Takeda Pharmaceutical Talisman Target Tata Consultancy Services (part of Tata Group) Tata Group Telecom Italia Telefónica TeliaSonera Telstra Tesco Teva Pharmaceutical Texas Instruments Thomson Reuters ThyssenKrupp Time Warner Tohoku Electric Power Tokio Marine & Nichido (part of Millea) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Tokyo Gas Toronto-Dominion Bank Toshiba Total Toyota Transcanada Transocean Turkcell Tyco UBS Unicredito Italiano (now Unicredit) Unilever Unión Fenosa (now Gas Natural) Union Pacific United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS US Bancorp Vale Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Verizon Vinci Vivendi Volkswagen Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Wal-Mart de Mexico (Walmex) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Westpac Wilmar International Woolworths Limited Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata) XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! YUM! Zurich
Our exclusive environmental ranking of America's 500 largest corporations. [Top 5: HP, Dell, Johnson & Johnson, Intel, IBM]
- Related stories: Newsweek publishes "Green Rankings" - largest 500 US firms ranked on climate change efforts
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture ACE Group Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agilent Technologies AIG Air Products Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Techsystems Allstate Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Analog Devices Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Archer Daniels Midland Arrow Electronics Assurant AT&T Atmos Energy AutoNation AutoZone Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Beckman Coulter Bed Bath & Beyond Bemis Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club Boeing BorgWarner Bristol-Myers Squibb Bunge Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Carnival Caterpillar CBRL Group CBS CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Chesapeake Energy Chevron Chubb Group CIGNA Cincinnati Financial Cintas Cisco Systems Citigroup Clorox CMS Energy Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Computer Sciences (CSC) ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Cooper Industries Corning Costco CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Danaher Darden Restaurants Dean Foods Dell Delta Air Lines Devon Energy Diamond Offshore Drilling DirecTV Dominion Resources Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eaton eBay Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emerson Electric Energizer Entergy EOG Resources Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia ExxonMobil Family Dollar FedEx Fifth Third Bank FirstEnergy Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Forest Laboratories FPL Group Freeport-McMoRan Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills Genzyme Gilead Sciences Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google H&R Block Halliburton Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro Heinz Hershey Hess Corporation Hewitt Associates Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira HP (Hewlett-Packard) Humana IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingersoll-Rand Intel International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit Invesco ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Joy Global JPMorgan Chase KBR Kellogg Kimberly-Clark Kohl's Kraft Foods Kroger L-3 Communications Leggett & Platt Limited Brands Lincoln National Lockheed Martin Loews Lorillard Tobacco (part of Carolina Group) Lowe's Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott McDonald's McGraw-Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Merck Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nalco Holding Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northrop Grumman NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Omnicom Oracle Owens Corning Paychex Peabody Energy Pentair Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pinnacle West Capital Pitney Bowes PNC Financial Services Polo Ralph Lauren PPG PPL Praxair Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Reynolds American Ross Stores Safeway (USA) Sara Lee Schering-Plough Schlumberger Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy Shaw Group Sherwin-Williams Simon Property Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Stanley Works Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Sysco T. Rowe Price Target Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Tiffany Time Warner TJX Tyco Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group Urban Outfitters URS US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin Group Visa Inc. Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Wendy's Wendy's/Arby's Group Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! YUM!
Memo to Alcoa, Kodak, IBM, Nike, Pepsi, Toyota et al.: Luddite U.S. Chamber of Commerce seeks “the Scopes monkey trial of the 21st century” on global warming
Author: Climate Progress [USA]
Who ever could have imagined that the U.S. Chamber of Commerce would publicly — and proudly — equate climate science with evolution and their denial with a belief in creationism? Time now for the major businesses on the Chamber’s board to speak up...
- Related stories: US Chamber of Commerce demands that environment agency put climate change science on "trial"
- Related companies: Alcoa Caterpillar Dow Chemical Eastman Kodak Entergy Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) IBM Lockheed Martin News Corporation Nike PepsiCo PNM Resources Rolls-Royce plc Siemens Toyota Xerox
Author: Robert Kropp, SocialFunds.com
...[A]ccording to a report published by oekom research...the reliance on outsourcing by IT companies often exposes those companies to implication by association in many often egregious labor and human rights violations. The report finds that "abysmal...