Related stories and components
UK: Boohoo addresses claims it is reluctant to acknowledge trade union as union prepares to heighten campaign for recognition
Author: Hannah Abdulla, just-style
"Boohoo rebuffs claims it is reluctant to engage with unions", 14 June 2019...
- Related stories: UK: Fashion retailer Boohoo accused of refusal to recognise trade union, despite commitment to do so; Incl. co. comments
- Related companies: Boohoo
UK: Fashion retailer Boohoo accused of refusal to recognise trade union, despite commitment to do so; Incl. co. comments
UK fashion etailer Boohoo has been accused of refusing to recognise retail trade union USDAW, despite assurances that it would do so during a parliamentary inquiry on the fast-fashion industry in the UK, led by the Environmental Auditing Committee (EA...
Author: Sophie Rolland, Les Echos (France)
Pour investir dans les entreprises les plus respectueuses de l'environnement, les grands fonds de pension, gestionnaires d'actifs, ou assureurs ont besoin de données fiables et comparables. Le sujet n'est pas nouveau. Depuis 2003, une organisation non...
- Related stories: Les entreprises admettent que les changements climatiques vont avoir un effet négatif sur leurs affaires, mais certaines manquent de transparence sur leur propre impact, selon le dernier rapport de CDP
- Related companies: Alibaba.com Amazon.com BP Carrefour Chevron Chipotle Dior (part of LVMH) EDF Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Esso (part of ExxonMobil) ExxonMobil Groupe BPCE Hermès Leclerc LVMH Pernod Ricard Qantas Airways Renault Suez Thales Unilever Volvo Group
Labour groups launch report addressing gender justice in garment supply chains, as negotiations are underway at the ILC to create a global standard on women’s labour rights
Author: Global Labour Justice & Asia Floor Wage Alliance
"Gender Justice on Garment Global Supply Chains: An Agenda to Transform Fast-Fashion", June 2019,...
Author: Axfood, Coop, Everfresh, Greenfood, Martin & Servera and Menigo
"Letter in support of Jorge Acosta", 11 Jun 2019...
Author: Clean Clothes Campaign
"Major brands are failing on living wage commitments", 5 June 2019...
- Related stories: Report: Clean Clothes Campaign finds major clothing brands are failing on living wage commitments to workers
- Related companies: adidas Amazon.com C&A Décathlon Fast Retailing Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) G-Star Raw Gap Gucci H&M Hugo Boss Inditex Levi Strauss Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tchibo Under Armour Zalando SE
Author: Jonathan Eley, Financial Times
"Top retailers failing on pledge to pay fair wages, says report", 30 May 2019...
- Related stories: Report finds global fashion brands are failing to deliver on living wage commitments to workers; Incl. co. comments
- Related companies: adidas Amazon.com C&A Décathlon Fruit of the Loom (part of Berkshire Hathaway) G-Star Raw Gap Gucci H&M Hugo Boss Inditex Levi Strauss Nike Primark (part of Associated British Foods) Puma PVH (Phillips-Van Heusen) Tchibo Under Armour Uniqlo (part of Fast Retailing) Zalando SE
On 19 May 2019, after months of delays and uncertainty, the Bangladesh Accord on Fire and Building finally struck a deal with the Bangladesh Garment Employers Association (BGMEA) concerning the future of its operations in the country. A memorandum of...
Commentary: “Non-technology” companies integrating AI into their business operations also need to address human rights impacts
Author: Dunstan Allison-Hope, Business for Social Responsibility
"Artificial Intelligence and Human Rights: We Need to Talk about the Use Phase", 16 May, 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
Indian Embassy launches social media campaign warning workers against travel to the UAE on tourist visas peddled by rogue recruiters
Author: Ramola Talwar Badam, The National (UAE)
"Embassy shares sorrow of Indian workers lured to UAE by devious recruitment agents", 9 May 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news & company responses: Migrant workers in Qatar & the UAE