Related stories and components
...Myanmar’s workers are now daring to speak out to demand better pay and conditions after a new law gave them the right to strike. Workers...are already testing their new-found power with a string of walkouts...Hundreds of employees from three...
Author: Margot Cohen, Standard [Hong Kong, China]
India's export of human hair to China is a booming business but it's also entangled in issues of respiratory disease and child labor...Despite previous allegations that it has relied on prison labor, [Henan Rebecca]...expects to open more retail...
- Related companies: Henan Rebecca
Author: Aina Hunter, Village Voice [USA]
...whether it's been shorn from Eastern European, South Asian, or provincial Chinese heads, much of the human hair that enters the U.S. has done a stint in an enormous processing plant human and labor rights organizations are calling illegal and...
Author: Association of Sustainable and Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA)
The Taking Stock report focuses on identifying the key investment themes which investors should be evaluating in order to analyze environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues relevant to the largest and highest impact sectors in Asia...banks,...
- Related stories: Association of Sustainable and Responsible Investment in Asia (ASrIA) & IFC report highlights key themes by sector for analysis of Asian companies' environmental, social & governance performance
- Related companies: ABN Amro adidas APRIL (Asia Pacific Resources International Limited) Asia Pulp & Paper (part of Sinar Mas) B&Q (part of Kingfisher) Bank Negara Indonesia Banpu BHP Billiton BYD Celestica Cemex China Exim China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) China Shenhua Energy (part of Shenhua Group) China Steel Cisco Systems Citigroup CLP Holdings CNOOC (China National Offshore Oil Corporation) Debenhams Dell Flextronics Ford GAIL (Gas Authority of India Ltd.) Gap Gold Peak Grameen Bank H&M Henan Rebecca Hitachi Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Home Depot HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Huawei Technologies IBM IKEA ING Intel Jabil Circuit Jaya Tiasa JPMorgan Chase Kingfisher Kookmin Bank Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Limited Brands Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Luen Thai NEC New Look Newmont Nike ONGC (Oil & Natural Gas Corporation) Patagonia Pentland Group PetroChina (part of China National Petroleum Corporation) Placer Dome (part of Barrick Gold) Polo Ralph Lauren Posco PTT Rabobank Reebok (part of adidas) Rimbunan Hijau Royal Philips Electronics Sainsbury Sanmina-SCI Sharp Shenhua Group Siam Cement Sinar Mas Group Sinopec Solectron Sony Stora Enso Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSMC) UPM Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi) Yanzhou Coal Yue Yuen
Author: Terra Actualidad - EFE
El mayor fabricante de pelucas en China, 'Henan Rebecca Hair', obliga a sus empleados a trabajar en condiciones de esclavitud y de trabajos forzados en su fábrica situada en la región de Xuchang (centro), según un artículo publicado en el diario chino ...
Author: William Baue, SocialFunds.com
On August 17, 2005, the South China Morning Post, Hong-Kong's English-language newspaper, printed an article alleging that mainland China wig manufacturer Henan Rebecca Hair Products employs the forced labor of prisoners in Xuchang. The company's...
[DOC] Morgan Stanley response to South China Morning Post article raising concerns about shares in the Chinese company Henan Rebecca
Author: Morgan Stanley
As a policy, Morgan Stanley does not comment on what may be investments for our clients.
[PDF] [letter to Business & Human Rights Resource Centre regarding allegations of forced prison labour]
Author: Henan Rebecca Hair Products
Considering that the report [of Jamal Anderlini in the South China Morning Post] deviated from the real facts very seriously and brought a great negative influence to our company, in order to defend our legal rights, we sincerely invite Human Rights...
Deutsche Bank response to South China Morning Post article raising concerns about shares in the Chinese company Henan Rebecca
Author: Deutsche Bank
Deutsche Bank has no proprietary holding in Henan Rebecca Hair products and does not provide research cover on the stock. Any listed holding in this stock by Deutsche Bank is on behalf of clients buying stock through the Banks Qualified Foreign...
- Related stories: 6 banks listed among top shareholders of Chinese wig firm reportedly using forced prison labour: Deutsche Bank, HSBC, ING, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, UBS
- This is a response from the following companies: Deutsche Bank