Finance & banking
Related stories and components
Author: Jessica Evans
"The Record of International Financial Institutions on Business and Human Rights," 2 May 2016...
UK: Church investment fund says it will refuse to reelect directors at firms over gender & climate change concerns
Author: Angela Monaghan, The Guardian (UK)
The Church Investors Group has warned some of Britain’s biggest companies it intends to take a hard line on executive pay, gender diversity and climate change over the forthcoming annual meeting season. The group, which represents church organisations...
Commentary: Blockchain has potential to address some challenges faced by refugees; however technological solutions alone are insufficient
Author: Emre Eren Korkmaz, University of Oxford
"Blockchain for refugees: great hopes, deep concerns," 24 January 2018...
- Related companies: MasterCard
Author: Mindy Lubber, Forbes
...That’s why Ceres [Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability] and six other organizations from around the world debuted The Investor Agenda...This comprehensive agenda provides a menu of options for investors to take in four key focus...
- Related stories: New initiative encourages investor leadership on climate issues
- Related in-depth areas: Accountability: Loss & damage, litigation, shareholder activism Mitigation
- Related companies: Bank of America BlackRock Citigroup ExxonMobil Fidelity Investments Goldman Sachs JPMorgan Chase Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM) Occidental Petroleum State Street Vanguard
Author: Amol Mehra & Camille Gervais, Intl. Corporate Accountability Roundtable
“Morality & the Market"...
- Related stories: CEO of Blackrock investment firm calls on companies to make positive contributions to society
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple BlackRock Microsoft
Kenya: Local companies increasing their contribution to charitable initiatives, especially in education sector
Author: Macharia Kamau, Standard Digital (Kenya)
“Benefactors: More institutions set up programmes to support needy students”...
BankTrack paper explores responsibilities of banks allegedly contributing to human rights violations through finance
In this briefing paper, BankTrack examines whether private sector banks may have contributed to adverse human rights impacts through their provision of finance. The paper explores eight cases of human rights abuses and the relationship and...