Carpet & rug
Related stories and components
President Trump's withdrawal from the Paris Agreement has faced significant criticism from the business community. In advance of the decision, over one thousand companies publicly declared their support for the Paris Agreement and following the...
Author: Koch Industries
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement
- This is a non response from the following companies: Koch Industries
Author: Monavar Khalaj, Financial Times
The US was Iran’s major market for Persian rugs and the sanctions caused total carpet exports to drop by 30 per cent — the embargo meant no American could buy, sell or import Persian rugs, even if they were purchased outside of the Islamic republic....
- Related stories: Iran, business and human rights
Author: Nita Bhalla, Guardian
he United Nations says changes to India's child labour law which permit children to work for their families and reduce the number of banned occupations for adolescents will disadvantage vulnerable groups such as tribals and lower-caste communities.....
- Related stories: India: Amendments in Child Labour Act receives applaud and criticism
Commentary: Renewable energy investments in emerging markets from institutional investors & businesses required to meet climate goals
Author: Peyton Fleming, Ceres, in The Guardian (UK)
"Businesses have seen the light with solar energy and it's finally paying off," 17 jun 2016...
Author: Clean Energy Ministerial
"World’s Energy and Business Leaders Announce Actions to Accelerate Global Deployment of Technologies at Seventh Clean Energy Ministerial," 2 Jun 2016...
- Related stories: Business & state leaders discuss clean energy transition at 7th Clean Energy Ministerial
- Related companies: Apple Cummins Daikin Dentsu Facebook Google (part of Alphabet) Honeywell Ingersoll-Rand Interface LG Chem MGM Resorts Microsoft PG&E Royal Philips Electronics Samsung Schneider Electric Tetra Pak (part of Tetra Laval) Toronto-Dominion Bank Wells Fargo
Green Deal Cooperation proves transparency is key to limiting long-term financial & environmental risks
Author: Ministry of Economic Affairs, IUCN NL, MVO Nederland, True Price
"It pays to be transparent: Lessons learnt in the Green Deal Cooperation towards Transparency in Natural and Social Capital, 2014 – 2016," May 2016...
Author: Guardian (UK) with Associated Press
"Obama revives anti-slavery law to target Thailand's seafood exports"...
- Related stories: US ban on import of products made with forced labour
"Leveraging Market Systems for Good" - video of panel on steps by companies & others to fight modern slavery
Author: Global Philanthropy Forum
"Leveraging Market Systems for Good: Transforming Global Supply Chains and Protecting those Within — The Case of Slavery", 23 April 2015...