Related stories and components
On 30 September 2019, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) issued five Withhold Release Orders (WROs) covering five different products, imported from five different countries. This action was based on information obtained and reviewed by CBP t...
Nearly 200 CEOs say their companies are committed to delivering value to all stakeholders, not just shareholders
On August 19, 2019, the Business Roundtable (BRT), a lobbying group composed of leading CEOs in the US, released an updated Statement on the Purpose of a Corporation. This statement expresses a fundamental commitment to all stakeholders, including...
Dick's Sporting Goods co. statement turns a page in CEO activism by making explicit call for gun legislation
Author: Jena McGregor, The Washington Post (USA)
"Dick’s Sporting Goods took a stand on gun sales — and made a big statement," 06 Mar 2018...
- Related stories: USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Dick's Sporting Goods Medtronic
USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
On 14 February 2018, Nikolas Cruz, a former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, killed 17 people with a legally purchased AR-15 rifle, according to authorities. Following the mass shooting, people have pressured...
President Trump's withdrawal from the Paris Agreement has faced significant criticism from the business community. In advance of the decision, over one thousand companies publicly declared their support for the Paris Agreement and following the...
Good practice note on addressing human rights impacts connected to product misuse endorsed by UN Global Compact Working Group
Author: Meaghan Malloy, UN Global Compact
"Addressing Adverse Human Rights Impacts Connected to Product Misuse", 31 May 2017...
Author: Koch Industries
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement
- This is a non response from the following companies: Koch Industries