Related stories and components
Dick's Sporting Goods co. statement turns a page in CEO activism by making explicit call for gun legislation
Author: Jena McGregor, The Washington Post (USA)
"Dick’s Sporting Goods took a stand on gun sales — and made a big statement," 06 Mar 2018...
- Related stories: USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Dick's Sporting Goods Medtronic
USA: More than one dozen companies cut ties with National Rifle Association after 17 people killed in Florida high school shooting
On 14 February 2018, Nikolas Cruz, a former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, killed 17 people with a legally purchased AR-15 rifle, according to authorities. Following the mass shooting, people have pressured...
President Trump's withdrawal from the Paris Agreement has faced significant criticism from the business community. In advance of the decision, over one thousand companies publicly declared their support for the Paris Agreement and following the...
Good practice note on addressing human rights impacts connected to product misuse endorsed by UN Global Compact Working Group
Author: Meaghan Malloy, UN Global Compact
"Addressing Adverse Human Rights Impacts Connected to Product Misuse", 31 May 2017...
Author: Koch Industries
- Related stories: Members of US business org. IECA disagree with its stance against Paris Agreement
- This is a non response from the following companies: Koch Industries
USA: 600+ investors & companies call on Trump administration to take action on climate change & low-carbon economy
Author: Daniel Brooksbank, Responsible Investor (UK)
“Top US investors and companies unite to promote low carbon future ahead of Trump inauguration”, 10 January 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Mitigation Responsible public policy Technology and human rights - advances by business USA: Trump administration actions on business & human rights
- Related companies: adidas Adobe Systems Advanced Micro Devices Allianz Boston Common Asset Mgmt. DuPont Gap General Mills Hilton HP (Hewlett-Packard) Intel Johnson & Johnson Kellogg Levi Strauss Mars Mercy Investment Services Mondelēz International Monsanto Nike PG&E Staples Starbucks Unilever
Report by Swedwatch finds social criteria in public procurement can improve working conditions in supply chains
Author: Therese Sjöström & Linda Scott Jakobsson, Swedwatch
"Agents for Change: How public procurers can influence labour conditions in global supply chains. Case studies from Brazil, Pakistan and Thailand," 15 Nov 2016...
- Related stories: UN Forum 2016: Materials launched