Related stories and components
Video gaming company Blizzard suspends eSports player after he showed support for Hong Kong protests
Video gaming company Blizzard banned a Hong Kong player “Blitzchung” from Hearthstone eSports for one year and withdrew all the tournament prize money he had won after he showed support for the protests in Hong Kong during a live-streamed post-match...
France: Model Alliance presents initiative that would hold brands legally accountable to protecting models against trafficking & abuse
Author: Rosemary Feltelberg, WWD
"Model Alliance Presents Respect Program to LVMH, Kering Executives", 18 October 2019...
Blizzard partly reverses punishment on Hong Kong Esports player by reducing suspension in half and reinstating winnings
Author: The Telegraph
“Pro gamer punished for supporting Hong Kong protests has prize money restored after international uproar”, 14 October 2019...
- Related stories: Video gaming company Blizzard suspends eSports player after he showed support for Hong Kong protests
- Related companies: Blizzard Entertainment
Google pulls Hong Kong protester game from store while Activision Blizzard removes pro-protest gamer from international tournament
Author: BBC (UK)
“Google pulls Hong Kong protestor game from store”, 11 Oct 2019...
- Related stories: Google removes Hong Kong protester game for violation of app store policies Hong Kong: Business actions and statements over controversial extradition bill
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights
- Related companies: Blizzard Entertainment Google (part of Alphabet) Tencent
Hong Kong: Epic Games expresses support for players who speak about human rights, after Blizzard bans pro-protest player
Author: Independent (UK)
“Blizzard Boycott: Fortnite creator says he won’t punish players for supporting human rights”, 11 Oct 2019...
- Related stories: Hong Kong: Business actions and statements over controversial extradition bill
- Related companies: Blizzard Entertainment Tencent
Cambodia: Unions and NGOs issue a joint statement calling for unconditional reinstatement of a union leader who has been unjustly fired by a company
"Unconditionally, reinstates the union president, Ms. Chhim Sithar", 6 October 2019...
- Related stories: Cambodia: NagaWorld fires a union leader after demanding higher salaries for workers
- Related companies: NagaCorp NagaWorld
Author: Haydn Taylor, gamesindustry.biz
"Ustwo Games accused of union busting", 3 October 2019...
- Related companies: Ustwo Games
USA: Investigation highlights 'controlling and exploitative' conditions at Nicalis, incl. racist & homophobic slurs
Author: Jason Schreier, Kotaku
"Inside The Ghosting, Racism And Exploitation At Game Publisher Nicalis", 13 September 2019...
- Related companies: Nicalis