Related stories and components
Commentary: US businesses increasingly taking a stand on social issues in response to public pressure
Author: Derek Thompson, The Atlantic
"Why are corporations finally turning against the NRA?" 26 February 2018...
Author: Le Monde avec AFP
« Agressions sexuelles : l’Etat de New York assigne le studio Weinstein en justice », 11 février 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques
USA: Attorney general files lawsuit against Weinstein Company alleging failure to protect employees from sexual harassment
Author: CBS News & AP
"New York attorney general files lawsuit against Harvey Weinstein, company", 11 Feb 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
USA: Women in Hollywood launch initiative to fight systemic sexual harassment in workplaces nationwide
Author: Desastre (México)
“Estas son las mejores empresas para trabajar si eres LGBT en México”, 6 de diciembre de 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Pasos positivos
- Related companies: Accenture American Express AT&T Berkshire Hathaway Cinépolis Citibanamex (formerly Banamex, part of Citigroup) CompuCom Dow Chemical Edelman EY (Ernst & Young) Ford General Electric Google México (part of Alphabet) Herman Miller IBM JPMorgan Chase Kellogg MasterCard Nielsen PayPal (part of eBay) Pemex PepsiCo Pfizer Procter & Gamble SAP Scotiabank Sodexo TE Connectivity The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) Uber Unilever
Consumer Goods Forum releases new booklet highlighting positive actions of businesses tackling forced labour in global supply chains
Author: Consumer Goods Forum
The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) has...published the 2nd edition of its Business Actions Against Forced Labour booklet, highlighting the positive actions of CGF members as they tackle forced labour in their global supply chains. [Members of The Consumer...
Author: Corynne Cirille, Racked
As the nation’s largest lobbying group, the US Chamber...spent close to $104 million on lobbying in 2016... Over the years, intense public pressure forced many corporations to take a public stance on issues like climate change, equal pay, and...
- Related stories: NGOs urge Disney, Gap, Pepsi to stop US Chamber of Commerce participation given conflict with climate promises
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
- Related companies: Apple Costco CVS DaimlerChrysler (now Daimler) Disney (see Walt Disney) Facebook Fox Entertainment (part of News Corporation) Gap General Mills Home Depot Johnson & Johnson Loews Merck Nike Nordstrom Pacific Gas & Electric (see PG&E) Starbucks Target Unilever Walt Disney
Global firms use carbon pricing to reduce emissions, analyze investments, and evaluate risk & opportunities of low-carbon economy
An internal carbon price is increasingly being used by companies across sectors and geographies to translate the risks and opportunities of a low-carbon economy into business decisions. Approximately 1,200 businesses from around the world are either...
B Corp movement should further integrate human rights to achieve goal of transforming capitalism, say researchers
Author: Joanne Bauer & Elizabeth Umlas, Stanford Social Innovation Review
Do Benefit Corporations Respect Human Rights? Fall 2017...