Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Author: Emre Eren Korkmaz, OpenGlobalRights
"Without binding rules, AI guidelines are just wishful thinking", 27 June 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
Author: The Zambian Observer
"Zambia Compulsory Standards Agency probing safety of Blue Band Margarine"...
- Related companies: Pick n Pay
Author: Mech Dara, The Phnom Penh Post
"NCCT investigating and closing down factories over child labour", 23 May 2018...
Author: Reuters, The Straits Times
"Daily violence, sex abuse in Walmart's Asian suppliers: Rights groups", 25 May 2018 Women who work in Asian factories making clothes for the global retail giant Walmart are at "daily risk" of slapping, sexual abuse and other harassment, rights grou...
- Related companies: Walmart
Author: Kim Sarom, The Phnom Penh Post
"Labour reviewing short-term contracts", 15 May 2018...
Indonesia: Activists protest against factory in Java due to pollution; seven protesters have been arrested for vandalism & defamation
Author: The Jakarta Post
A crowd of activists protested in front of the Energy Building...to demand that garment company PT Huddleston Indonesia, which occupies the 20th floor of the building, shut down operations of PT Rayon Utama Makmur (RUM) in Sukoharjo, Central Java....
The World Economic Forum & Nike: Emerging 'shared responsibility' & institutional control models for achieving a socially responsible global supply chain?
Author: Thomas A. Hemphill & George O. White III
"The World Economic Forum & Nike: Emerging ‘Shared Responsibility’ & Institutional Control Models for Achieving a Socially Responsible Global Supply Chain?," 15 April 2016...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 1, Issue 2)
- Related companies: Nike
Author: Ashifi Gogo, Sproxil (USA)
"The new age of CEO activism", 16 Jan 2018...
- Related stories: World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Davos 2018: Spotlight on business & human rights
- Related in-depth areas: CEO activism and other positive business initiatives to protect civic freedoms Latest news on human rights defenders
- Related companies: Merck Starbucks
Cambodia: Garment workers dispute research claiming more than half of workers live in good housing conditions
Author: Mom Kunthear, Khmer Times
"Garment worker housing survey disputed", 03 August 2017...
- Related stories: Positive action by companies to protect civic freedoms
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders Positive initiatives by businesses to protect civic freedoms
- Related companies: Procter & Gamble