Machine & machine tools
Related stories and components
British excavation giant JCB warned about potential violations of international law in the occupied Palestinian territories
In August 2018, Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) raised human rights concerns with JCB regarding its involvement in the imminent demolition of Khan al-Ahmar, a Palestinian village in the occupied West Bank. JCB’s products have reportedly...
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited JCB to respond to allegations relating to its involvement in the imminent demolition of Khan al-Ahmar. JCB did not respond
- Related stories: British excavation giant JCB warned about potential violations of international law in the occupied Palestinian
- This is a non response from the following companies: JCB
Author: Anthony Cuthbertson, The Independent
"AMAZON WORKERS 'REFUSE' TO BUILD TECH FOR US IMMIGRATION, WARNING JEFF BEZOS OF IBM'S NAZI LEGACY", 22 June 2018...
- Related stories: Shareholders & civil society groups urge Amazon to halt sale of facial recognition software to law enforcement agencies
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Amazon.com IBM
OPT: Mixed response from multinationals in Israeli solar sector accused of contributing to Palestinian displacement
In May 2018, Who Profits published a report that examines how Israel's solar energy industry contributes to Palestinian displacement. The report claims that Israeli solar projects in the Negev desert and Area C of the occupied West Bank descriminate...
Atlas Copco AB response about killings of Albeiro George Pérez & Domar Egidio Zapata, allegedly related to their resistance to Hidroituango
Information about the death of Hugo Albeiro George Pérez and Domar Egidio Zapata has been shared with Atlas Copco and we wish to express our concern and sadness. Atlas Copco monitors the development around the hydroelectric power plant construction and...
- Related stories: Colombia: Denuncian asesinatos de opositores a represa Hidroituango, de EPM; la empresa niega cualquier vínculo Colombia: Opponents of Hidroituango dam killed, cos. respond
- This is a response from the following companies: Atlas Copco
Author: Business for Social Responsibility (BSR)
"Global Business Coalition Against Human Trafficking Expands Scope and Steps Up Efforts to End Trafficking," 26 July 2017...
NGO Commentary: Korean govt's response to UNWG visit fails to acknowledge poor labour conditions and negative health impacts of companies
Author: Correspondence NGO group of the UN Working Group’s visit to Korea, Korean House for International Solidarity (Republic of Korea)
"Comment: The government’s response to UN Working Group’s Korea visit report does not reflect the Korean reality", 11 June 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: South Korea, 23 May - 1 Jun 2016
- Related companies: Asahi Glass Fine Techno Korea Busan Transportation Corporation Daewoo International (part of Posco) GTS Korea Hyundai Heavy Industries Hyundai Motor (part of Hyundai Kia Motor) Hyundai Steel Korea Minting and Security Printing Corporation LG Electronics (part of LG Corp.) Lotte Co. Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation Posco Samsung Seoul Metropolitan Rapid Transit Corporation SK Corporation Yoosung Enterprise Co.
Author: Erik Ortiz, NBC News (USA)
"Wisconsin Company Three Square Market Offers to Install Microchips in Employees", 25 July 2017...
Author: DGZ, Arc Info (Suisse)
« Etats-Unis: une société va implanter une puce électronique à ses employés », 27 juillet 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Technologies de l’information