Related stories and components
Cambodia: Eight people killed after authorities opened fire on protesters over land dispute with rubber plantation
Author: Radio Free Asia
"Cambodia Security Forces Shoot Protesters Dead in Land Dispute", 8 March 2018...
- Related companies: Memot Rubber Plantation
In early 2018, Adidas provided an update on its Adidas provided an update on progress against the three stratgic areas of its Modern Slavery Outreach Programme: Modern Slavery Training, Raw Material Sourcing, Cotton Sourcing. It also provided an...
- Related stories: Adidas Modern Slavery Outreach Programme: Risk assessment, progress against goals, and way forward
- Related companies: adidas
Cambodia: Military general & rubber company director sues land dispute representative for damaging rubber trees
Author: Phak Seangly, The Phnom Penh Post
"Land dispute rep to appear before court", 21 February 2018...
- Related companies: Data Rubber (Cambodia) Co. Ltd.
Author: Global Witness
"New Pirelli policy progressive step forward in the fight against land grabs and deforestation - Global Witness", 13 Nov 2017...
Top car manufacturers launch initiative to address environmental, human & labour rights issues in the supply chain
The Raw Materials Observatory is the product of a five-year partnership [...] between 10 leading car manufacturers which aims to improve sustainability in the automotive supply chain. The new commitment, signed by Daimler AG, Honda, JLR, Scania, VW,...
Laos: Villagers are held incommunicado for cutting trees from land concession granted to Vietnamese company; land grabs prevalent in the country
Author: Ounkeo Souksavanh, Radio Free Asia
"Lao Land Protest Villagers Held in Failing Health", 02 November 2017...
- Related companies: Laos-Vietnam Friendship Rubber Co., Ltd (LVF)
Chinese industry group launches guidelines for sustainable rubber - includes sections on land, labour & indigenous peoples rights
Author: Global Witness
"Chinese industry takes bold step to tackle land grabs with launch of new rubber guidelines", 23 Oct 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Chinese Investment Overseas: Guidance by government, business, civil society
- Related companies: Hoang Anh Gia Lai (HAGL) Vietnam Rubber Group