Oil, gas & coal
Related stories and components
Author: Radio NZ
14 February 2018 Following his visits to Fiji, Papua New Guinea and Indonesia, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights...highlighted a range of deep concerns in these countries...
The Court of Appeal in London ruled on Wednesday that two Nigerian communities cannot pursue Royal Dutch Shell in English courts over oil spills in Nigeria’s Delta region. The split decision upheld a High Court ruling last year that was a setback to...
- Related stories: UK: Appeal court rules Nigerian communities cannot purse Shell in English courts over oil spills
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Shell
Author: Nick Visser, HuffPost
A woman was removed from the West Virginia House of Delegates on Friday after she used her testimony about a fossil fuel-sponsored piece of legislation to list industry donations to state lawmakers. Lissa Lucas... voice[d] her objections to the...
Peru: Amazon indigenous peoples resume protest over oil spills contaminating water sources and harming their health
Author: Peru Support Group
“Renewed protest in Loreto over oil spill damage” – 11th February 2018...
Author: Alejandra Gonza
"Integrating Business and Human Rights in the Inter-American Human Rights System," 21 April 2016...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (July 2016)
- Related companies: Compañía General de Combustibles (part of Southern Cross) Petroecuador Southern Cross
Author: Zorka Milin
"Mapping Recent Developments in Transparency of Extractive Industries," 2 May 2016...
- Related stories: Business & Human Rights Journal (Volume 1, Issue 2)