Welcome to the Resource Centre
We make it our mission to work with advocates in civil society, business and government to address inequalities of power, seek remedy for abuse, and ensure protection of people and planet.
Both companies and impacted communities thank us for the resources and support we provide.
Phil Bloomer, Executive Director
Oil, gas & coal
Related stories and components
Chinese environmental lawyer talks about evolving landscape surrounding high-profile Chinese overseas investment cases
Author: China Dialogue
“How does 2020 bode for China’s overseas investment? A Chinese lawyer’s take”, 17 January 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Climate change litigation Latest Legal News Lawsuits
- Related companies: China Aluminium Corporation (Chinalco) Junefield Mining Resources Sinohydro Société Minière de Boké (SMB) (joint venture between Winning Shipping, United Mining Supply, Shandong Weiqiao and Yantai Port)
Author: Edward Helmore, The Guardian
"Activists cheer BlackRock's landmark climate move but call for vigilance", 15 January 2020...
- Related stories: USA: BlackRock makes climate change central to investment strategy
- Related companies: BlackRock ExxonMobil Marathon Petroleum
Author: Front Page Africa
"Liberia Releases EITI Report on Last Day of the Year to Avert Delisting", 31 December 2019....
Mozambique: Le gouvernement veut créer un fonds souverain pour ses futurs revenus gaziers afin de lutter contre les risques de corruption
Author: AFP et Slate Afrique
« Le Mozambique veut créer un fond souverain pour ses futures ressources gazières », 15 janvier 2020....
BlackRock announced on 14 January 2020 that it would make climate change central to its investment considerations. Citing the impact climate change has on the financial sector, BlackRock released a letter to its clients detailing the changes which...
USA: Lower court to decide on Intl. Finance Corporation's immunity in Indian fishermen lawsuit over pollution from coal-fired power plant
Author: Jennifer Hijazi, E&E News (USA)
"World Bank coal case a testing ground for climate liability," 15 Jan 2020...
- Related stories: Intl. Finance Corp. lawsuit (re financing of coal-fired plant in India)
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
Australia: Coal mine operator ordered to desist use of pipeline to extract underground water intended for farming
Author: John Ellicott, The Land
"Pipeline desist claim over Maules Creek coal mine water bid", 13 December 2019...
- Related companies: Whitehaven Coal
Author: Malijet.com (Mali)
"Industrie extractive en Afrique francophone subsaharienne (PASIE): Les OSC outillées pour la surveillance du secteur minier", 14 janvier 2020...
Author: Colombia Informa
“Empresas y paramilitares: Alianza para asesinar a líderes y lideresas sociales” – 12 de enero de 2020 … La Universidad Javeriana elaboró una base de datos sobre las empresas colombianas y extranjeras que han sido mencionadas en las sentencias de J...