Oil, gas & coal
Related stories and components
Commentary: Consequences of US Supreme Court ruling on lack of immunity of Intl. Finance Corp. for accountability mechanisms
Author: Kristina Daugirdas, Just Security (USA)
"What Comes Next: After Supreme Court Reduced Obstacles to Suing International Organizations", 13 Mar 2019...
- Related stories: Intl. Finance Corp. lawsuit (re financing of coal-fired plant in India) US Supreme Court rules Intl. Finance Corp. not entitled to "absolute" immunity & can be sued in US courts
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News
- Related companies: Tata Power
USA: San Francisco & Oakland appeal court dismissal of their climate liability lawsuits against 5 oil companies
Author: Climate Liability News, USA
"Francisco, Oakland Appeal Dismissal of Climate Lawsuits", 13 Mar 2019...
Uganda: CNOOC launches HIV/AIDS sensitisation campaign in oil-rich areas; increase in incidence attributed to labour-related emigration
Author: Francis Mugerwa, Daily Monitor (Uganda)
"Concern as HIV cases soar in oil-rich districts"...
“Convenios entre Policía Nacional y empresas extractivas ponen en peligro derechos de la población” – 13 de marzo de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas Últimas noticias sobre conflicto y paz
- Related companies: Antamina (joint venture BHP Billiton, Glencore, Teck, Mitsubishi Corporation) BHP Billiton China Minmetals Compañia de Minas Buenaventura Doe Run (part of Renco) Glencore Grupo México Las Bambas (part of MMG) Minera Yanacocha (joint venture Newmont, Sumitomo & Compañía de Minas Buenaventura) Minerals and Metals Group (MMG) (part of China Minmetals) Mitsubishi Group Newmont Petroperú Renco Southern Copper (part of Grupo México) Sumitomo Group Teck Resources
Young people stage global climate strike in 125 countries against climate inaction as CEOs voice their support
Young people rallied on 15 March to press politicians to act on climate change - the global climate strike took place in over 2000 locations in 125 countries on all continents, including Antarctica. Their message is that "last year’s UN Intergovernmen...
Author: Greta Thunberg, Anna Taylor & others
"Think we should be at school? Today’s climate strike is the biggest lesson of all", 15 Mar 2019...
Author: Benjamin Bibas, Reporterre (France)
« Valérie Cabanes : « Le crime d’écocide doit être reconnu par la Cour pénale internationale » », 11 mars 2019 ...
- Related stories: Cambodian villagers’ Intl. Criminal Court complaint (re land grabbing)
- Related in-depth areas: Criminal liability for corporate-related human rights abuses Dernières infos juridiques
- Related companies: BHP Billiton Chevron Samarco (joint venture BHP Billiton and Vale) Texaco (part of Chevron) Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) Vale