Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Laos: Govt. to enforce ban on new banana plantations due to overuse of chemicals reported to cause deaths & illnesses
Author: Sidney Khotpanya & Joshua Lipes, Radio Free Asia
"Lao Government Vows to Enforce Ban on Concessions for New Banana Plantations", 14 May 2019...
Author: Vijay Prashad, Asia Times
"Theft of resources in Papua New Guinea", 4 May 2019...
Over 50 organizations urge World Bank to prioritise human rights & environmental impacts in "climate-smart" mining
Over 50 organizations from around the world urged the World Bank to prioritize recycling, efficiency, circular economy, public transit, and other non-mining solutions in its "Climate-Smart" agenda. Citing multiple environmental and human rights impacts...
Dem. Rep. of Congo: Local community claims Chinese construction company CREC 7 charges excessive tolls on unsafe road; company comments included
Author: Pierre Hamdi, France 24, The Observers
"Chinese construction company sets up toll booth in Congo, angers locals", 22 April 2019....
- Related in-depth areas: Chinese investment overseas
- Related companies: China Railway Engineering China Railway Group (CREC) (part of China Railway Engineering)
Earthworks releases report on the environmental and human impacts of rising mineral demand for renewable energy
Author: Earthworks, UTS ISF
"REPORT: Clean Energy Must Not Rely on Dirty Mining", 17 April 2019....
- Related stories: Over 50 organizations urge World Bank to prioritise human rights & environmental impacts in "climate-smart" mining
- Related in-depth areas: Automobile Climate change Climate justice Latest news on natural resources Mining Natural Resources Renewable energy & human rights
- Related companies: BMW Connected Energy First Solar Huayou Cobalt LG Chem Powervault Renault Samsung SDI (part of Samsung) Tesla Motors Vale
Reuters claims billions' worth of gold smuggled from Africa to the UAE fuels conflict, violates human rights & endangers environment
Author: David Lewis, Ryan McNeill & Zandi Shabalala, Reuters
"Exclusive: Gold worth billions' smuggled out of Africa", 24 April 2019....
Author: Public Eye (Suisse)
« Syngenta gagne des milliards en vendant des pesticides extrêmement dangereux », 15 avril 2019...
- Related stories: La commercialisation de pesticides dangereux interdits en Europe est au cœur du modèle d’affaires de Syngenta, selon un rapport ; avec les commentaires de l’entreprise
- Related in-depth areas: Agriculture Health Latest news on natural resources Ressources naturelles
- Related companies: Syngenta
The London Metal Exchange (LME) announced on 23 April 2019 that it will be introducing responsible sourcing standards across all brands, requiring all metals traded on the exchange to be responsibly sourced from 2022 onwards. This announcement came af...
Author: Nurul Azwa Aris, Free Malaysia Today
"Probe into Jenjarom battery plant to take 2 weeks", 19 April 2019...
Nigeria: Regulatory agency pledges to pay more attention to underground water pollution from oil spills
Author: Chidimma C. Okeke, Daily Trust (Nigeria)
“Nosdra New DG to Address Underground Water Pollution, Oil Spills” 3 April 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Natural Resources