Related stories and components
Author: World Maritime News
'Six Workers Hospitalized after Incident at Napier Port', 01 May 2018...
Canada: Govt. invests $7 million to develop electric-vehicle charging stations to support tackling climate change
Author: Environment and Climate Change Canada
"Government of Canada invests up to $7 million in electric vehicles to tackle climate change and to support good jobs for Canadians", 27 Feb 2017...
- Related in-depth areas: Mitigation
USA: 379 businesses & organizations submit statement to US Supreme Court in support of same-sex marriage
Author: Commission européenne
[Participants : Alexandra Guaqueta, Groupe de travail des Nations Unies sur les entreprises & les droits de l'homme; Costas Andropoulos, Commission européenne; Marek Jurkiewicz, StartPeople; Jean-Marc Barki, Sealock; Marjanka Veljanovska, Farmahem;...
Author: European Commission
There is a baseline expectation on all enterprises, regardless of size, location and type of business, to take steps to make sure they respect human rights. But the concept and language of human rights...
- Related stories: European Commission resources on business & human rights - with new resources for small & medium-sized enterprises
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on UNGPs
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Local communities protesting a major wind farm project in Oaxaca, Mexico...claim that it would have adverse impacts on their livelihoods. The project's land-use contract...is disputed by the communities who claim that it was signed based on incomplete...
- Related stories: Mexico: Local communities protesting major wind farm in Oaxaca allegedly subject to intimidation & death threats; companies respond
- Related in-depth areas: Alleged death threats against protesters of wind farm in Oaxaca, Mexico, 2012
- Related companies: FEMSA Heineken Macquarie Bank Mareña Renovables (joint venture Macquarie, Mitsubishi Corp. & PGGM) Mitsubishi Group PGGM Vestas Wind Systems
Author: María Prandi, Juan Andrés Cano y Daniel Arenas, Escola de Cultura de Pau, Instituto de Innovación Social, Universidad de Barcelona [España]
¿Cómo coordinar mejor la colaboración de las empresas en las crisis humanitarias? ¿Cuáles son los retos y los dilemas para las empresas, los Gobiernos, las ONG y las organizaciones internacionales? ¿Dónde deben establecer las empresas los límites entre...
- Related in-depth areas: Últimas noticias sobre conflicto y paz
- Related companies: BBVA Coca-Cola Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) EDP (Energias de Portugal) Ericsson Google (part of Alphabet) HP (Hewlett-Packard) La Caixa Land Rover (part of Tata Group) Lendlease Project Management & Construction (formerly Bovis Lend Lease, trading as Lendlease) Microsoft Nike PWC Logistics Royal Caribbean Cruises Skype (part of Microsoft) Tata Group TNT (part of TPG) TPG UPS Vodafone
Response by Ecology Control Centre (ECC): Environmentalists say that Plastkard plastics firm under-rated classification of its hazardous waste
- Related stories: Russia: Environmentalists say that Plastkard plastics firm under-rated the classification of its hazardous waste – the waste assessment was carried out by Ecology Control Centre
- This is a response from the following companies: Ecology Control Centre (ECC)