Related stories and components
Uganda: Govt. faults security companies for not training armed employees as cases of security guards killing civilians increase
Author: The Independent (Uganda)
"Private security companies not supervising guards-Police"...
- Related companies: Saracen Uganda
Tanzania: RAID report claims Acacia's grievance mechanism "disempowers victims"; includes company's response & RAID's rejoinder
In a recent letter to Acacia's Board, RAID claims that rather than providing relief and compensation, the company's grievance process disempowers victims and subjects them to a humiliating process. It permits the company to act as investigator, judge...
So. Africa: Security industry regulator suspends Red Ants' business license over reports of human rights violations
Author: Ernest Mabuza, Sunday Times (South Africa)
‘Red Ants business licence suspended after Alexandra demolitions’ 2 July 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Private military & security companies
- Related stories: Albania: Activists opposing hydropower plants face consistent harassment from local authorities & companies, says new NGO report; incl. company statement
- This is a non response from the following companies: Brecani Security
Call for submission by Govts. on elements for intl. regulatory framework on activities of private military & security companies (due 16 Aug 2019)
Author: UN Working Group on the use of mercenaries
On 28 September 2017, the Human Rights Council in its resolution 36/11 decided to establish a new open-ended intergovernmental working group, for a period of three years, with a mandate to elaborate the content of an international regulatory framework,...
Advocacy groups suggest Zimbabwe diamonds classified as ‘conflict diamonds’ due to use of private security agencies to displace locals to pave way for mining
Author: New Zimbabwe (Zimbabwe)
‘Zim diamonds under spotlight’ 19 June 2019...
Peru: Reports about the Human Rights impact by companies from Chile, China and Spain that operate within the country
The Peru NGO Centro de Políticas Públicas y Derechos Humanos - Equidad (the Centre for Public Politics and Human Rights - Equity) presents four reports about the impact on Human Rights by companies that operate in Peru....
Zimbabwe: NGO urges govt. to regulate artisanal diamond mining to avoid killing of artisanal miners by security agents
Author: New Zimbabwe
‘Chiadzwa killings will not deter more invasions, says Maguwu’ 8 June 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: Marange Resources (part of Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation)
Author: Aldem Bourscheit, Diálogo Chino (Brazil)
“Acusadas de "anti-desenvolvimento", comunidades no Maranhão resistem a um porto chinês enquanto seus direitos são atropelados”, 20 de maio de 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Agriculture Últimas notícias sobre defensores/as de direitos humanos
- Related companies: Allianz China Communications Construction Company Limited (CCCC) Suzano Papel e Celulose
Author: Shoshanna Solomon, Times of Israel
« Amnesty porte plainte contre la licence d’exportation du NSO Group », 14 mai 2019 ...
- Related in-depth areas: Dernières infos juridiques Dernières infos sur les défenseurs des droits de l'homme
- Related companies: NSO Group