Related stories and components
Author: NBC News
A lawsuit filed by attorneys…on behalf of a…man alleges religious discrimination by his former employer...Yusuf Sufi…said he was fired after asking for a religious accommodation to leave work for one hour in order to go to a local mosque to say his...
Author: William Boot, Irrawaddy [Myanmar]
Continued religious and ethnic violence in Burma could deter much-needed investment…according to a study…by… Maplecroft...The…tourism industry [i]s the most vulnerable, with the negative impact quickly spreading to the retail and infrastructure...
- Related stories: EU lifts sanctions against Myanmar in response to political reforms; Human Rights Watch says move is "premature" citing reported ethnic cleansing of Rohingya community
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: Google
Author: Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
[In Feb 2013 Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited Deutsche Post DHL to respond to a 2nd rejoinder by UNI Global Union and Intl. Transport Workers' Federation. DHL's response is provided along with 2 previous responses we also sought...
Response from APM Terminals to human rights and environmental concerns related to an accident in Argentina
Author: APM Terminals
…APM Terminals policy is always to conform to national and international standards. While the actual cause of the incident is still being investigated by the relevant Authorities APM Terminals position is that the storage of the particular container...
- Related stories: Argentina: Empresa portuaria cuestionada por accidente con plaguicidas que afectó la salud de la población
- This is a response from the following companies: APM Terminals (part of A.P. Moller - Maersk)
Author: Pedro Lipcovich, Página 12 [Argentina]
…El día después de la nube tóxica que afectó a Buenos Aires se desarrolló bajo una nube de cuestionamientos…específicos: 1) La acusación a la empresa que administra la Terminal 4 por falta de medidas de seguridad y mal manejo de las cargas: el...
Author: Intl. Federation for Human Rights (FIDH) & others
This report documents the effects of Israeli settlements on Palestinian rights and livelihoods…It outlines the economic links between Europe and the settlements, naming the most common settlement products sold in Europe and detailing the involvement...
- Related stories: Report: "Trading away peace: How Europe helps sustain illegal Israeli settlements"
- Related in-depth areas: Israel & Palestine
- Related companies: Agrexco Ahava Alstom Co-operative Group Deutsche Bahn G4S Hadiklaim HeidelbergCement Mekorot SodaStream Unilever Veolia Environnement (formerly Vivendi)
Author: Gimena Sanchez, WOLA, Dan Kovalik, United Steelworkers
…Colombia’s…anti-riot police…attacked Afro-Colombian Port Workers…[on] a strike…As a result, three male workers were gravely injured and a pregnant worker was beaten. The workers went on strike…after negotiations with TECSA (Terminal Especializado de...
Author: DiversityInc [USA]
…DiversityInc…is the leading assessment of diversity management in corporate America and globally…The DiversityInc…survey…is divided into four key areas: CEO Commitment, Human Capital, Corporate and Organizational Communications, Supplier Diversity…...
- Related stories: DiversityInc announces "Top 50 Companies for Diversity"
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Accenture Aetna Allstate American Express AT&T Automatic Data Processing Bank of America Booz Allen Hamilton Capital One Chrysler Coca-Cola Colgate-Palmolive CSX Cummins Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Eli Lilly Ernst & Young General Mills Health Care Service IBM J.C. Penney Johnson & Johnson Kaiser Permanente Kellogg's KPMG Kraft Foods Lockheed Martin Marriott MasterCard Medtronic Merck Metlife Monsanto Northrop Grumman Novartis Procter & Gamble Prudential Financial Rockwell Collins Sodexo Starwood Hotels Target Time Warner Toyota Verizon Wellpoint Wells Fargo