Related stories and components
Author: UN Special Representative on business & human rights John Ruggie
The Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General for business and human rights has identified instances of applications of the U.N. “Protect, Respect and Remedy” Framework, in whole or in part, as a resource for those looking for...
- Related in-depth areas: Draft Guiding Principles UN Secretary-General's Special Representative on business & human rights
- Related companies: Anglo American AngloGold Ashanti Barclays Barrick Gold BHP Billiton Cerrejón Coal (joint venture Anglo American, BHP Billiton, Glencore Xstrata) Chevron Citigroup Eni ExxonMobil General Electric Goldcorp Nestlé Phillips-Van Heusen Shell TNT (part of TPG) TPG Xstrata (part of Glencore Xstrata)
Author: Confédération syndicale internationale
Germes du printemps arabe dans la répression contre les travailleurs/euses et le non-respect des droits économiques...La Colombie et les Amériques conservent la position dominante dans le sombre bilan en matière d’assassinats et de répression des...
Author: NautaDutilh law firm
The Guiding Principles do not intend to impose new legal obligations, but instead aim to elaborate on the implications of existing standards and practices...and to integrate them within a single, logically coherent and comprehensive template. Still,.....
Author: Business Action for Africa & Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative at Harvard Kennedy School
...Business Action for Africa’s 2010 Report...examines how business-driven partnerships are addressing Africa’s development challenges in new and innovative ways… creating new frontiers for sustainable development and growth on the continent...the...
- Related stories: Report examines role of business-driven partnerships in addressing sustainable development in Africa - includes case studies
- Related companies: Abbott Laboratories Accenture Allianz Anglo American Arcelor Mittal Barclays Bharti Airtel Bristol-Myers Squibb Cadbury (part of Mondelēz International) Chevron Coca-Cola Danone De Beers Debswana (joint venture De Beers & Botswana Govt.) Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) Diageo Diamond Trading Company (part of De Beers) ExxonMobil Guinness (part of Diageo) HP (Hewlett-Packard) Mars Nestlé Pfizer SABMiller Shell Stanbic Bank Standard Bank Standard Chartered Syngenta Total Unilever Vodafone Zain
Author: Responsible Investor
A group of US investors has filed shareholder resolutions at four major corporate members of the US Chamber of Commerce: Accenture, IBM, Pepsi and Pfizer, challenging their boards to review their policies and oversight of political expenditures...
Author: Véronique Smée, Novethic [France]
Lancé en 2000, le Carbon Disclosure Project est aujourd'hui financé par 534 investisseurs détenant 64 000 milliards de dollars. Son objectif : interroger les entreprises pour évaluer leurs politiques climatiques. Trois sociétés françaises figurent dans...
- Related companies: ABB Air Liquide Amazon.com Bank of China BASF Bayer Berkshire Hathaway BNP Paribas Clariant Crédit Agricole Danone Deutsche Post Geberit Holcim (part of LafargeHolcim) Honeywell Lafarge (part of LafargeHolcim) Michelin Nestlé Novartis Renault Rosneft Saint-Gobain Samsung SCOR Siemens Société Générale de Surveillance (SGS) Technip FMC (formerly Technip) Valeo Vivendi
Author: Carbon Disclosure Project
Carbon management is becoming a strategic business priority and competitive driver for the largest global companies, despite the lack of global agreement on climate change. These are among the findings of the 2010 Global 500* report and leadership...
- Related stories: Report says carbon management becoming a "strategic business priority" - says Siemens, Deutsche Post, BASF, Bayer, Samsung top 5 firms for carbon disclosure
- Related companies: Bank of America BASF Bayer Deutsche Post Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) PricewaterhouseCoopers Samsung Siemens
Author: Ross Kerber, Reuters
...DuPont Co...and United Parcel Service...(UPS)...were among eight companies removed from a social investment index series [FTSE4Good] because of concerns about human rights, climate change and similar matters,...FTSE Group said...The most prominent...
Author: Stephen Foley, Independent [UK]
European companies…are facing criticism from [Human Rights Watch]…for allegedly exploiting weak labour laws in the US and bullying employees to prevent them from joining unions…In a report…the campaign group says that managers at Tesco's…Fresh &...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Watch accuses European companies of exploiting weak labour laws to prevent US employees joining unions
- Related in-depth areas: Beatings & Violence Dismissals Interference with right to form trade unions Interference with right to strike USA
- Related companies: Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom DHL (part of Deutsche Post) G4S Saint-Gobain T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Tesco