Related stories and components
Formula One commits to human rights due diligence in Bahrain following NGO complaint to UK OECD Natl. Contact Point
"'ADHRB, Formula One Reach Agreement on Human Rights Framework for Bahrain", 10 Apr 2015...
Author: Voice of Bahrain
"Saudi monarch death ends his bleak reign; calls to stop Bahrain F1 “blood race”, 28 Jan 2015...
Author: Human Rights Watch
Leading corporate sponsors of the Olympics have yet to speak out strongly against the rights abuses linked to the preparations for the Sochi Winter Games, to be hosted by Russia in February 2014...Minky Worden... Human Rights Watch [said] “Sponsors...
- Related stories: Russia: Human Rights Watch urges Olympic sponsors to speak out against rights abuses related to Sochi Games preparations; includes responses from 8 firms including Coca-Cola, GE & Samsung
- Related in-depth areas: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi
- Related companies: Atos (formerly Atos Origin) Coca-Cola Comcast Dow Chemical General Electric McDonald's NBCUniversal (part of Comcast) Omega Watches (part of Swatch) Panasonic Procter & Gamble Samsung Visa Inc.
[PDF] EU-Russia Civil Society Forum demands an end to persecution of ecological activists in the host region of the Winter Olympics 2014
Author: EU-Russia Civil Society Forum
...Dmitrii Shevchenko, the deputy coordinator of a member organisation of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, “Ecological Watch in the North Caucasus” (EcoWatch), was detained at Krasnodar airport...The activist was kept in the police station in the...
- Related stories: Civil society forum urges Russian Govt. to end persecution of advocates opposing environmental & human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympics construction
- Related in-depth areas: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi Россия: Нарушения прав человека, связанные с Зимними Олимпийскими играми 2014 в Сочи
Author: Compiled by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre
Russia will host the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, 7-23 February. Construction in preparation for the Olympics involves the building of sports venues, hotels, roads, telecommunications systems, transportation hubs, and other major infrastructure...
- Related stories: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi
- Related companies: AT&T
Author: Radio Prague
The [Barum] Czech Rally Zlín, part of the Intercontinental Rally Challenge, was cancelled...after a spectator was killed and another injured after a crash on stage 13. Václav Kopáček and Tomáš Singer’s Subaru flew off the road and collided with the...
Author: Simeon Kerr, Financial Times
Camel racers in the United Arab Emirates are still using 10-year-old boys as jockeys in defiance of a law designed to stamp out the practice, an international campaign group has said. Anti-Slavery International found boy jockeys, some as young as 10,...
Kyivskyj ipodrom did not respond to: Ukrainian Trade Union Federation lists companies that have not paid employees' salaries - list includes Kyivskyj ipodrom.
- Related stories: Ukrainian Trade Union Federation lists companies that have not paid employees' salaries - list includes Kolomyjskiy Plant.
- This is a non response from the following companies: Kyivskyj ipodrom
[DOC] Unpaid salaries: Adaptation by business to economic crisis or absence of political will? [Ukraine]
Author: Ukrainian Trade Union Federation
[Original article in Ukrainian; title translation, and following summary of the article's key points, provided by Business & Human Rights Resource Centre] During the last three months, unpaid salaries have significantly increased in Ukraine. On 1...