Related stories and components
Author: Sergey Kuratov, Green Salvation
We appreciate the responses received from the Design Team sub consultants of Kok-Zhailyau project – Ecosign Mountain Resort Planners Ltd, KPMG, Horwath HTL, CaspiEcology, Engineerisk, ARUP, and GeoData Plus (Design Team). However, it is rather...
Author: Ecosign Mountain Resort Planners Ltd.
Over the last 40 years, Ecosign (ECOlogical-deSIGN) has firmly established itself as a world leader in the design of successful, award winning, environmentally responsible and profitable mountain resorts completing over 380 resort development projects...
- Related stories: Kazakhstan: Local people & NGOs raise environmental & health concerns over construction of Kok-Jailau ski resort
- This is a response from the following companies: Ecosign Mountain Resort Planners
Author: Защитим Кок-Жайляу (Zashchitim Kok-Jailau)
...The topic of construction of the new ski resort in Kok-Jailau valley was first raised in 2007...The project includes construction of an international resort with...ski tracks...construction of ski tows, hotels, restaurants, retail and entertainment...
More than two dozen of the United States' most prominent...companies sent a letter to President Obama today urging...[him] to take a leadership role when he arrives in Copenhagen...and secure a robust international climate agreement. "This agreement...
- Related stories: 28 major US companies call on Obama to lead push at Copenhagen for targeted emissions cuts & finance from rich countries
- Related companies: Ben & Jerry's (part of Unilever) Clif Bar Dow Chemical eBay Eileen Fisher Gap Ingersoll-Rand Levi Strauss Microsoft Nike North Face (part of VF Corp) PG&E Public Service Enterprise Group Seventh Generation Starbucks Stonyfield Farm Sun Microsystems Symantec Timberland (part of VF Corp) Unilever
Letter to the International Olympic Committee: Human rights concerns related to Sochi Games [Russia]
Author: Human Rights Watch
...Human Rights Watch would like...to underscore the concerns regarding Russia's preparations for the Winter 2014 Games in Sochi...The procedures for notifying residents of expropriation, establishing compensation and resettlement...remain inadequate...
- Related stories: Letter to the International Olympic Committee: Human rights concerns related to Sochi Games [Russia]
- Related in-depth areas: Russia: Human rights abuses related to 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi Россия: Нарушения прав человека, связанные с Зимними Олимпийскими играми 2014 в Сочи
Author: Business for Social Responsibility
Who’s going carbon neutral?...[W]e have been surprised at the distinct lack of basic resources on carbon neutrality trends, and have therefore taken the step of compiling a list of the most prominent carbon neutral claims, at the company and project...
- Related companies: Avis Budget Barclays British Airways British Sky Broadcasting Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Deutsche Post DHL (part of Deutsche Post) FIFA HSBC Interface KPMG Marks & Spencer Mohawk Industries News Corporation Nike PG&E REI Salesforce.com Silverjet ST Microelectronics Timberland (part of VF Corp) VanCity Working Assets Yahoo! (part of Verizon)
Supreme Court tackles global warming - Corporate America is split on whether the EPA should regulate carbon dioxide
Author: Marc Gunther, Fortune
As the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to take up the issue of climate change, some unusual alliances are forming - and corporate America finds itself on both sides of the debate... Supporting federal regulation are the attorneys general of 13 states,...
Skico [Aspen Skiing Company] puts some punch behind eco-friendly claims - Independent audits scrutinize 'green' programs [USA]
Author: Scott Condon, Aspen Times (USA)
Aspen Skiing Co. ...took a chance last October and let an independent, third-party auditor assess what they were doing. The gamble paid off...[when the company] learned earlier this month that it will retain [an environmental] certification, formally...
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and the Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) have announced the winner's of the 2005 Green Power Leadership Awards... The highest honor in purchasing, the Green Power...