Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
"DFRLabs : Une entreprise tunisienne a influencé la présidentielle via les réseaux sociaux", 6 Juin 2020...
- Related stories: Tunisia: Comms firm UReputation accused of coordinating Facebook disinformation campaigns to influence African elections
- Related in-depth areas: Information & communications technology
- Related companies: Facebook
Tunisia: Comms firm UReputation accused of coordinating Facebook disinformation campaigns to influence African elections
In June 2020, NGO Atlantic Council's Digital Forensic Research Lab (DFRLab) published a report into the operations of UReputation, a Tunisia-based digital communications firm. The company's report found that the company had created a network of...
EU: Lawyers advise employers must balance privacy laws when introducing COVID-detecting technology for worker safety
Author: Stephanie Bodoni & Natalia Drozdiak, Bloomberg News
"Tech That Saves EU Firms From Covid-19 Could Kill Them in Court," 1 June 2020...
New Report analyses human rights implications of contact tracing software used during the COVID-19 pandemic
Author: Maria Pia Sacco, Prof. Martijn Scheltema, Dr. Theodora A Christou, Anurag Bana, International Bar Association
"Digital contact tracing for the Covid-19 epidemic: a business and human rights perspective," June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response Latest News
- Related companies: WeChat
Commentary: African govts. should commit to transparency & respect for privacy in using technology-enabled Covid-19 surveillance
Author: The Collaboration on International ICT Policy in East and Southern Africa (CIPESA) (Uganda)
"Covid-19 in Africa: When is Surveillance Necessary and Proportionate?"...
UK: Almost 200 CEOs sign letter to Boris Johnson, calling on govt. to deliver a green recovery plan in the wake of COVID-19
Author: Jillian Ambrose, The Guardian
“Top business leaders call on Boris Johnson to set out green recovery plan”, 1 June 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Outbreak: Government & business response
- Related companies: Aviva BP British Airports Authority (now Heathrow Airport Holdings) HSBC Lloyds Group National Grid
Author: Frédéric Lemaire, Les Echos
« Covid-19 et applications de traçage : le RGPD est-il remis en question ? » 27 mai 2020...
- Related in-depth areas: Pandémie de COVID-19 (Coronavirus) : Surveillance, censure et droit au respect de la vie privée
Author: NSO Group
NSO develops and licenses to States and State agencies technologies intended to thwart serious criminal acts... [W]e are aware that our products, as for any other company, can be misused. This is why NSO has been developing its Human Rights Program fo...
- Related stories: NSO Group allegedly impersonated Facebook to help clients hack targets; includes company response
- This is a response from the following companies: NSO Group
USA: Company executives speak out against racism following the killings of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor & Tony McDade by police
On 25 May 2020, white Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin pinned George Floyd to the ground, keeping his knee on Mr. Floyd’s neck for eight minutes and 46 seconds, ultimately killing him. Three additional officers were involved. All four officers...
Author: Tyler Sonnemaker, Business Insider
"Arizona sues Google over claims it illegally collected location data from smartphone users even after they opted out," 27 May 2020...