Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
Author: Brad Smith, Microsoft
Over the last few months there has been a debate in our industry about when and how technology companies should work with the government, and specifically whether companies should supply digital technology to the military... Our work as a company in...
- Related stories: USA: Employees urge tech companies to withdraw bids for $10 million contract with Department of Defense
- This is a response from the following companies: Microsoft
Saudi govt. deployed "Twitter troll army" to silence critics and allegedly used McKinsey analysis to target dissidents
In October 2018, The New York Times reported on online attackers hired by the Saudi government to silence critics via social media. Jamal Khashoggi, a journalist who was murdered by Saudi agents, was himself targeted by Saudi Arabia's "army of Twitter...
Indonesia: IMF report says women workers likely to be replaced by automation within next two decades
Author: Sarah Yuniarni, Jakarta Globe
"Female Jobs More Likely to Be Displaced by Technology, IMF Report Says", 10 October 2018...
Busines & Human Rights Resource Centre invited United Technologies to respond to the allegations raised by War on Want. United Technologies did not respond.
- Related stories: NGO: British financial institutions complicit in Israeli war crimes
- This is a non response from the following companies: United Technologies
"Gender equality global report and ranking," 4 October 2018...
- Related companies: 3i Aegon Agilent Technologies Air Canada Allstate American Express American Water ANZ Bank Assa Abloy AstraZeneca Aviva AXA Axel Springer Bank Hapoalim Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Bankinter Barclays BASF Bayer BBVA BHP Billiton bioMérieux BNP Paribas Boliden Burberry CA Technologies CaixaBank (part of La Caixa) Caltex Campbell Soup Chr. Hansen Cisco Systems Citigroup CNP Assurances Comcast Commonwealth Bank Continental AG DBS Bank Deutsche Post Deutsche Telekom Dexus Diageo DnB NOR Ebro Eli Lilly Enagás Enel Engie (formerly GDF Suez) Ericsson Fabege Fortescue Metals Group Fortum Gap General Motors Genmab Givaudan GlaxoSmithKline Handelsbanken Henkel Hershey Iberdrola IBM ICA Gruppen Intel Intesa Sanpaolo Investa Property Group Investec Johnson Matthey JPMorgan Chase Kering KPN L'Oreal Land Securities Leumi Li & Fung Lloyds Group Macquarie Bank Marks & Spencer MasterCard Merck Mercury Michelin Microsoft Millicom Molson Coors National Australia Bank National Grid NCC Nordea Bank Norsk Hydro Oil Search Orange Origin Energy Pearson Peugeot (see PSA Peugeot-Citroën) PNC Financial Services Publicis Qantas Airways QBE Insurance Red Eléctrica de España Rentokil Initial ResMed Roche Royal Bank of Canada Royal Bank of Scotland Royal DSM Royal Dutch / Shell (see Shell) Royal Mail Salesforce.com Sanofi Schibsted Schneider Electric SEB Sempra Energy Severn Trent Singapore Telecommunications Société Générale Sodexo South32 (part of BHP Billiton) Standard Chartered State Street Stockland Stora Enso Suncorp Swedbank TD Bank (see Toronto-Dominion Bank) Telenor Téléperformance Telia Telstra Transurban UBS Unilever Verizon Virgin Money (part of Virgin Group) Vodafone Westpac Whitbread Woolworths Group WPP Zurich
3 US workers file lawsuit against India's largest IT outsourcing co. alleging discrimination based on race & national origin
Author: Jochelle Mendonca, Economic Times
"3 US citizens sue TCS for alleged employment discrimination", 25 Sep 2018...
Commentary: Blockchain cannot guarantee fairer mineral sourcing practices without robust supply chain due diligence
Author: Carly Oboth, Global Witness
"What does blockchain mean for the future of responsible mineral sourcing?" 21 September 2018...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights
Author: Allan Olingo, The East African (Kenya)
"Hi, I am Leo, and I can help you: Banks going digital"...
Author: Michael Guilloux, Développez.com
« USA : des ingénieurs rejettent les offres des recruteurs de la Silicon Valley à cause des problèmes d'éthique impliquant les géants de la tech », 14 août 2018...