Explore categories within this category
Related stories and components
"HealthEngine sued for allegedly manipulating reviews of GPs and selling patient details", 8 August 2019...
- Related companies: HealthEngine
Author: Radio New Zealand
19 June 2019...
Brazil: Land rights defenders and over 140 families violently evicted from unused land owned by Datanorte
Author: Frontline Defenders
“Forced eviction of human rights defenders and residents of urban resettlement camp in Rio Grande do Norte”, 7th August 2019...
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on human rights defenders
Author: Lorenzo Franceschi-Bicchierai & Jason Koebler, VICE
"Google Employee Alleges Discrimination Against Pregnant Women in Viral Memo", 5 August 2019...
- Related stories: USA: Ex-employee files complaint against Google for alleged pregnancy discrimination & retaliation
- Related companies: Google (part of Alphabet)
Author: Rich Kirchen, Milwaukee Business Journal
"Unions approve new contract that averts strike at GE Healthcare", 10 August 2019...
Indonesia: Google technology helps forest rangers monitor illegal logging activities in West Sumatra's rainforests
Author: Dyaning Pangestika, The Jakarta Post
"Google's artificial intelligence helps protect West Sumatra's rainforests", 4 August 2019 ...
China: Schoolchildren found working nights & overtime to meet production targets in Amazon supply chain; Incl. co. comment
Author: Gethin Chamberlain, The Guardian
"Schoolchildren in China work overnight to produce Amazon Alexa devices", 8 August 2019...
- Related stories: China: Amazon accused of child labour after schoolchildren found working in supply chain; Incl. co. comments
- Related companies: Amazon.com
Author: Olivia Carville, Bloomberg (USA)
"IBM Fired as Many as 100,000 in Recent Years, Lawsuit Shows", 31 Jul 2019...
UK: Conditions at Rockstar studio allegedly set to improve following report highlighting company’s ‘crunch culture’
Author: Stephen Totilo, Kotaku
"Months After Labor Controversy, Rockstar Converts Game-Testers To Full-Time", 7 August 2019...
- Related stories: UK: Rockstar Games improves working conditions following investigation highlighting excessive overtime & temporary contracts
- Related companies: Rockstar Games
Author: Natasha Lomas, TechCrunch
A German privacy watchdog has ordered Google to cease manual reviews of audio snippets generated by its voice AI. This follows a leak last month of scores of audio snippets... to the Belgian news site VRT... The Hamburg data protection authority told...
- Related in-depth areas: Technology and Human Rights Technology and Human Rights: Artificial Intelligence
- Related companies: Amazon.com Apple Google (part of Alphabet)