Related stories and components
Author: Associated Press
Facebook is pulling ads from pages that contain violence or sexual content. The social network said that on Monday, it will expand its definition of pages and groups that are too controversial to carry advertisements…In May, Facebook lost more than a...
- Related stories: New Facebook policy removes ads from pages containing violence or sexual content
- Related companies: Facebook Nissan
Author: Barbara Demick, Los Angeles Times
A few years ago, she embodied the rags-to-riches legend of modern China: The daughter of an illiterate farmer...creates a business empire that makes her one of the country's wealthiest women...A provincial court on Jan. 18 upheld Wu Ying's death...
- Related companies: Google
Author: Laura L. Myers, Reuters
Hertz rental car company, facing a religious discrimination suit by 25 fired Muslim drivers...it would "vigorously defend" itself in a dispute involving prayer breaks at its Seattle airport office. Hertz says the drivers, all of them Somali natives,...
[PDF] Corporate Equality Index 2012; Rating American Workplaces on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Equality
Author: Human Rights Campaign Foundation
...[T]he Corporate Equality Index [CEI] represents [how] corporate America...prioritize[s] the protection, recruitment and retention of LGBT [Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender] employees...[S]uccessful U.S. businesses have proven...that LGBT...
- Related stories: USA: Report of Human Rights Campaign Foundation rates over 300 companies on their lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender policies
- Related in-depth areas: Latest Legal News Latest news on conflict & peace
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Abercrombie & Fitch Accenture Acer Adecco Adobe Systems Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices Aegon AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Ahold AIG Air Products Alaska Air Alcatel-Lucent Alcoa Allegheny Energy Allergan Alliant Energy Alliant Techsystems Allstate Alston & Bird Altria American Airlines American Eagle Outfitters American Electric Power American Express Amerigroup Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arent Fox Arizona Public Service Company (part of Pinnacle West Capital) Arnold & Porter Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Ashland Assurant AstraZeneca AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avaya Avery Dennison Avnet Avon Bain & Company Baker & McKenzie Baker Hughes Baldor Electric Ball Corp. Bank of America Barclays Barnes & Noble BASF Bausch & Lomb Baxter International Bayer BB&T BBVA BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Big Lots BJ's Wholesale Club BlackRock Blockbuster BNP Paribas Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Booz Allen Hamilton Boston Scientific BP Bridgestone Bright Horizons Bristol-Myers Squibb Brown Shoe Burger King Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CIBC) Capgemini Capital One Cargill Carlson CarMax Casino Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Cerner Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Choice Hotels Chrysler CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clifford Chance Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Comerica Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Compass Group Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Consol Energy Constellation Energy Corning Costco Covington & Burling Cox Enterprises Credit Suisse Crown Holdings CSX Cummins Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Delhaize Dell Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu DelSur (part of PPL Corporation) Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Domino's Pizza Domtar Dorsey & Whitney Dover Dow Chemical Dr Pepper Snapple Group DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Company Eastman Kodak Eaton Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy EOG Resources Erie Insurance Group Ernst & Young Estée Lauder Exelon Expedia Express Scripts ExxonMobil Faegre & Benson Family Dollar Fannie Mae FedEx Fenwick & West Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) First Horizon FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands Franklin Templeton Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Freescale Semiconductor Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap Genentech General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial Genzyme Gilead Sciences GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance H&R Block H. J. Heinz (see Heinz) Halliburton Hallmark Cards Hanesbrands Hanover Insurance Harley-Davidson Hartford Financial Services Hasbro HCA Health Care Service Health Net Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hilton Holland & Knight Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Howrey LLP HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Hunton & Williams Huntsman Hyatt IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Integrys Energy Group Intel InterContinental Hotels International Paper Interpublic Group Intuit ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs Engineering Jarden Jenner & Block JetBlue Airways John Deere John Hancock Financial Services (part of Manulife Financial) Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls Jones Group JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KB Home KBR Kellogg's Kelly Services Kenneth Cole Kimberly-Clark Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods Kroger L.L.Bean Land O'Lakes Lear Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Global Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Littler Mendelson Liz Claiborne Lockheed Martin Loews Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Mars Marsh & McLennan Masco MasterCard Mattel McAfee (part of Intel) McDermott Will & Emery McDonald's McKesson McKinsey MeadWestvaco Medtronic Meijer Merck Metlife Micron Microsoft Mirant Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Mohawk Industries Monsanto Moody's Morgan Stanley Morgan, Lewis & Bockius Morrison & Foerster Motorola Solutions Murphy Oil Mylan Laboratories Nash Finch National Grid National Oilwell Varco Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life New York Times Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike NiSource Nissan Nixon Peabody Nokia Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Nortel Networks Northeast Utilities Northern Trust Northrop Grumman Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance NRG Energy Nucor NYSE Euronext Occidental Petroleum Office Depot OfficeMax Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacificorp (part of Berkshire Hathaway) Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Pearson Penske Automotive PepsiCo PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Philip Morris USA (part of Altria) Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PNM Resources Polaroid Polo Ralph Lauren PPG Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy Progressive Insurance Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publicis Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons RadioShack Raytheon Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Ross Stores Royal Caribbean Cruises Ryder Ryland Safeway (USA) Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sanofi-Aventis Sara Lee Seagate Technology Sealed Air Sempra Energy Severn Trent Shaw Group Shell Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Sodexo Sony Southern California Edison (part of Edison International) Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Nextel Staples Starbucks Starcom MediaVest (part of Publicis) Starwood Hotels State Street Steelcase Sullivan & Cromwell Sun Life Financial Sunoco SunTrust Banks Supervalu Symantec Sysco T-Mobile (part of Deutsche Telekom) Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron Thomson Reuters Tiffany Time Warner TJX Toronto-Dominion Bank Toyota Travelers Tutor Perini Tyson UBS UGI Utilities Unilever Union Pacific Unisys United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Virgin America Virgin Media Visa International Visteon Volkswagen Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Waste Management Weil, Gotshal & Manges Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati Winn-Dixie WPP Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Wyndham Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) YUM!
Author: Colleen Curry, ABC News
Hertz has fired 25 Muslim workers at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport for refusing to clock out while taking breaks to pray during their shifts. Hertz sent termination notices to the Somali Muslim workers...after suspending them on Sept. 30 for...
- Related companies: Hertz
Author: Laura Myers, Reuters
Hertz rental car company…said it would reinstate…Somali Muslim employees at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport [who it claims] were suspended not for praying but for failing to clock in and out for 10-minute breaks as required under a collective...
- Related companies: Hertz
Author: Erik Eckholm, New York Times
The culture war over gay rights has entered the impersonal world of e-commerce...[A]dvocates...have put many of the country’s largest retailers…on the spot over their indirect and...unnoticed roles in funneling money to Christian groups...opposing...
Number of Top Rated Businesses for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Workers Jumps Despite Tough Economy [USA]
Author: Human Rights Campaign
The number of businesses with perfect ratings based on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workplace policies and benefits rose by twenty percent in the past twelve months — despite the serious economic downturn — according to a new report...
- Related stories: USA: Report finds number of companies with top ratings for lesbian & gay policies increased 20% despite recession
- Related companies: BNY Mellon
Author: Human Rights Campaign [USA]
This ninth installment of The State of the Workplace report shows that job protections and benefits for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees have surged in recent years, at large businesses and other private employers such as law firms and...
- Related stories: USA: Human Rights Campaign finds growing number of businesses protecting transgender rights
- Related in-depth areas: Latest news on natural resources Natural Resources
- Related companies: 3M Abbott Laboratories Accenture Adolph Coors (part of Molson Coors) Advance Auto Parts Advanced Micro Devices AES Aetna Affiliated Computer Services AFLAC Agco Agilent Technologies Air Products AK Steel Alberto Culver Alcoa Allegheny Technologies Allstate Alltel Altria Amazon.com Ameren American Airlines American Electric Power American Express Ameriprise Financial AmerisourceBergen Amgen Anadarko Anheuser-Busch (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Anixter Aon Apache Apple Applied Materials Aramark Archer Daniels Midland Arrow Electronics ArvinMeritor Asbury Automotive Ashland Global Specialty Chemicals Assurant AT&T Atmos Energy Auto-Owners Insurance Autoliv AutoNation AutoZone Avery Dennison Avis Budget Avnet Avon Baker Hughes Ball Corp. Bank of America Bank of New York (part of BNY Mellon) Barnes & Noble Bausch & Lomb Baxter International BB&T BD (Becton, Dickinson) Bed Bath & Beyond Berkshire Hathaway Best Buy Bingham McCutchen BJ Services BJ's Wholesale Club Blockbuster BNY Mellon Boehringer Ingelheim Boeing Boise Cascade BorgWarner Boston Scientific BP Bristol-Myers Squibb Brunswick Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (BNSF) Cablevision Calpine Cameron International Campbell Soup Capital One Cardinal Carlson CarMax Caterpillar CBS Celanese CenterPoint Energy Centex Charles Schwab Charter Communications Chesapeake Energy Chevron Chiquita CHS Chubb Group CIGNA Circuit City Cisco Systems CIT Citigroup Clear Channel Clorox CMS Energy CNA Coca-Cola Coca-Cola Enterprises Colgate-Palmolive Comcast Commercial Metals Community Health Systems Computer Sciences (CSC) Con Edison ConAgra ConocoPhillips Constellation Energy Continental Airlines (part of United Continental) Corning Costco Countrywide Financial (part of Bank of America) Coventry Health Care Crown Holdings CSX Cummins CVS D.R. Horton Dana Danaher Darden Restaurants DaVita Dean Foods Dell Delphi Delta Air Lines Deutsche Bank Devon Energy Diageo Dillard's DirecTV Dole Dollar General Dominion Resources Dover Dow Chemical DTE Energy Duke Energy DuPont Eastman Chemical Eastman Kodak Eaton eBay EchoStar Communications Ecolab Edison International El Paso Energy Electronic Arts Electronic Data Systems (part of HP) Eli Lilly EMC Emcor Group Emerson Electric Enbridge Energy Partners Energy Future Holdings Energy Transfer Partners Entergy Enterprise GP Holdings Erie Insurance Group Estée Lauder Exelon Expeditors International Express Scripts ExxonMobil EY (Ernst & Young) Family Dollar Fannie Mae Federal-Mogul FedEx Fidelity Investments Fifth Third Bank First American First Data (part of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) FirstEnergy Fiserv Fluor FMC Foot Locker Ford Fortune Brands FPL Group Franklin Templeton Freddie Mac Freeport-McMoRan Frontier Oil GameStop Gannett Gap General Dynamics General Electric General Mills General Motors Genuine Parts Genworth Financial GlaxoSmithKline Global Partners GMAC (now Ally Financial) Goldman Sachs Goodrich Goodyear Google (part of Alphabet) Graybar Electric Group 1 Automotive Guardian Life Insurance Halliburton Harley-Davidson Harrah's Hartford Financial Services HCA Health Net Heinz (now Kraft Heinz) Henry Schein Herman Miller Hershey Hertz Hess Corporation Hexion Specialty Chemicals Holly Corporation Home Depot Honeywell Hormel Hospira Host Hotels & Resorts Hovnanian Enterprises HP (Hewlett-Packard) HSBC Humana Huntsman IAC IBM Illinois Tool Works Ingram Micro Insight Enterprises Integrys Energy Group Intel International Paper Interpublic Group ITT Industries J.C. Penney Jabil Circuit Jacobs John Deere Johnson & Johnson Johnson Controls JPMorgan Chase Kaiser Permanente KBR Kellogg Kelly Services KeyBank Kimberly-Clark Kinder Morgan Inc. Kohl's KPMG Kraft Foods (now Kraft Heinz) Kroger L-3 Communications Lear Leggett & Platt Lehman Brothers Lennar Levi Strauss Lexmark Liberty Media Liberty Mutual Limited Brands Lincoln National Liz Claiborne (part of J.C. Penney) Lockheed Martin Loews Lowe's Macy's ManpowerGroup Marathon Oil Marriott Marsh & McLennan MassMutual Mattel McDonald's McGraw Hill McKesson MeadWestvaco Medtronic Merck Merrill Lynch (part of Bank of America) Metlife MGM Resorts Micron Microsoft Miller Brewing (part of SABMiller) Mohawk Industries Molson Coors Monsanto (part of Bayer) Morgan Stanley Motorola Murphy Oil Nationwide Mutual Insurance NCR New York Life Newell Rubbermaid Newmont News Corporation Nike Nordstrom Norfolk Southern Northeast Utilities Northrop Grumman Northwest Airlines NRG Energy Nucor NVR Occidental Petroleum Office Depot Office Depot Inc. (previously OfficeMax) Omnicare Omnicom ONEOK Oracle Oshkosh Owens & Minor Owens Corning Owens-Illinois Paccar Pacific Mutual Pantry Parker Hannifin Peabody Energy Penske Automotive Pepco Pepsi Bottling Group PepsiCo Performance Food Group Peter Kiewit Sons PetSmart Pfizer PG&E Pilgrim's (part of JBS) Pitney Bowes Plains All American Pipeline PNC Financial Services PPG PPL Praxair PricewaterhouseCoopers Principal Financial Procter & Gamble Progress Energy (part of Duke Energy) Progressive Insurance Prologis Prudential Financial Public Service Enterprise Group Publix Pulte Homes (part of PulteGroup) Qualcomm Quest Diagnostics R.R. Donnelley & Sons Raytheon Reliant Energy Replacements Ltd. Reynolds American Rite Aid Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi Rohm & Haas (part of Dow Chemical) Ross Stores Royal Bank of Canada Russell Investments SABMiller (part of Anheuser-Busch InBev) Safeco Safeway USA (part of Albertsons) Salesforce.com Sallie Mae Sanmina-SCI Sara Lee Schering-Plough Sealed Air Sears Sempra Energy Shaw Group Sherwin-Williams Smithfield Foods Smurfit-Stone Southern Company Southwest Airlines Sprint Staples Starbucks Starwood Hotels State Farm Insurance State Street Sun Microsystems Sunoco (part of Energy Transfer Partners) SunTrust Banks Supervalu Sysco Target Tech Data Tenet Healthcare Terex Tesoro Texas Instruments Textron TIAA-CREF Time Warner TJX Toys R Us Tribune Company Tutor Perini Tyson UGI Utilities Union Pacific Unisys United Airlines (part of United Continental) United States Steel United Technologies UnitedHealth Group UPS URS US Airways US Bancorp USAA Valero Energy Verizon VF Corp Viacom Visteon Wachovia (part of Wells Fargo) Walgreen Walmart Walt Disney Washington Mutual Waste Management Wellpoint Wells Fargo Western Union Weyerhaeuser Whirlpool Whole Foods Market Williams Companies Winn-Dixie Wyeth (part of Pfizer) Xcel Energy Xerox XTO Energy (part of ExxonMobil) Yahoo! (part of Verizon) YUM!