Automobile & other motor vehicles
Related stories and components
In November 2019, approximately 2,000 workers at a Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) plant in Manesar went on strike, after nearly 300 contractual workers were asked to go on indefinite leave. Workers said the company had drawn a list of 650 w...
Author: Shubhra Pant, The Times of India
"Gurugram: Workers protest as Honda sends nearly 300 on ‘indefinite leave'", 6 November 2019...
- Related stories: India: Contractual workers strike at Honda plant after workers sent on 'indefinite leave'
- Related companies: Honda
Mitsubishi pulls sponsorship of Blizzard e-sports events after gaming company bans Hong Kong player for supporting protests
Author: Nick Statt, The Verge
“Blizzard lost a big sponsor after the Hong Kong outcry: Mitsubishi”, 29 October 2019...
- Related stories: Video gaming company Blizzard suspends eSports player after he showed support for Hong Kong protests
- Related companies: Blizzard Entertainment Mitsubishi Group Mitsubishi Motors
Author: Wolters Kluwer France
« Renault prend de nouveaux engagements pour l’égalité et la mixité sur quatre ans », 30 octobre 2019...
- Related companies: Renault
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre invited NEVS to respond. Response provided below:...
- Related stories: Report raises concerns about potential complicity in corruption among companies buying cobalt from DRC
- This is a response from the following companies: NEVS
USA: 49,000 General Motors workers strike over failed contract negotiations covering wages, health insurance & prevention of plant closures; Includes comments from General Motors
In September 2019, approximately 49,000 General Motors workers across the USA began to strike after negotiations on a new contract between General Motors and the United Auto Workers union broke down. Workers say they suffered low wages, temporary co...
Commentary: Recognising corporate watchdogs as an integral part of ethical outsourcing could help improve current auditing system
Author: Peter Bengtsen, Le Monde diplomatique
"Mica mining, why watchdogs count", April 2019...
Author: Concepcion Alvarez, Novethic (France) (copyright: www.novethic.fr)
« Quand les industriels américains se rebellent contre la politique anti-climat de Donald Trump », 17 septembre 2019...
India: Yamaha signs three-year wage settlement deal with workers following labour unrest and union busting activities in factory
Author: Financial Express
"Yamaha India signs three-year wage pact with workers’ union", 13 September 2019...
- Related companies: Yamaha